Distribution Center Associate/Material Handler
- Job Title
- Distribution Center Associate/Material Handler
- Job ID
- Cincinnati, OH 45242
- Other Location
Distribution Center Associate/Warehouse Associate in Blue Ash, OH | OmniCable
OmniCable, LLC (OmniCable) is a premier redistributor of wire and cable, electrical products, and value-added services. OmniCable empowers our industry to be successful by providing an exceptional experience through operational excellence, accuracy and precision, and a partnership approach. With a multi-million-dollar inventory and the acquisition of Houston Wire & Cable, we offer distributors products from the industry’s leading manufacturers from our 16 North American distribution centers. Since our founding in 1977, we only sell to distributors.
OmniCable is a subsidiary of Dot Family Holdings. Our employees are all working towards the same goal, which is our Mission Statement: To empower shared success by being the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees through innovation and collaboration.
We believe in empowering your future!
Currently, we are seeking a dedicated Warehouse Associate to join our team. In this role, your primary responsibility will be operating production equipment, either a Rim Drive or a Re-spooler that assists in cutting wire to a predetermined length. Besides cutting wire, an associate could also be asked to perform other standard order fulfillment tasks.
Warehouse Associate Job Responsibilities:
- Material Handling Equipment (MHE): Operating a forklift/order picker for pulling and putting away stock, order processing, loading and unloading trailers.
- Receiving: Inspect inbound stock for quality, count, and type. Ensure purchase order, packing slip and bill of lading for receipt accuracy; Process stock through computer entry while preparing inventory for put-away.
- Shipping: Select shipping method based on best practices to meet company requirements and customer expectations; Prepare orders for both LTL and small parcel shipment; Verify shipments are packed properly and accurately to ensure customer satisfaction
- Value-Add services: Operate different value adding wire machinery within the DC for order fulfillment. Typical equipment used includes stripe/dye machines, wire stripper, twister and lashing equipment.
- General Housekeeping & Equipment Maintenance: Follow safety standards for the specific job including filling out required equipment checklists; Responsible for keeping Distribution Center clean and organized; Follow strict adherence to 5S Standards of the work area
Warehouse Associate Job Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Basic math skills
- High energy, dependability, and teamwork skills
- Competitive Medical / Dental / Vision / Prescription Plans
- No-cost medical financing as well as Life / STD / LTD / AD&D
- Health Savings & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with competitive employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarship Fund
- Flexible Workplace