Automation Tester (REMOTE)
- Job Title
- Automation Tester (REMOTE)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Atlanta, GA
- Other Location
When a user tries new tware, they expect it to be intuitive and run smoothly. Functionality, reliability, and user experience are key to successful tware development – and that means rigorous testing. That’s why we need you, an experienced automation test engineer who knows how to thoroughly test tware and work with developers to make sure our team releases the best tware possible. As an automation test engineer on our team, you’ll use your experience to work with testers developers, engineers, . to evaluate tware developed for the Department of Veterans Affairs. You’ll build a test plan with test cases based on user stories. Using automated and manual processes, you’ll generate data and execute the test cases to see how the tware performs, then document the results and communicate defects to the development team so they can start improving the tool. You’ll automate continuous functional, security and performance testing as part of an established DevOps Pipeline. This is an opportunity to supercharge your skills by writing the code to test the code using tools like Selenium. You’ll also broaden your experience in working with a large scale system while sharing your testing experience with your team.
- 3+ years of recent experience with Java or C#, and Selenium.
- 3+ years of recent experience programming automated scripts using Java or C#.
- 5+ years of experience with functional testing, regression testing, performance testing or system integration testing, supporting user acceptance testing
- 5+ years of experience with test automation tools, open source test automation frameworks, including Selenium
- 3+ years of experience with Agile methodologies and sprint-based testing cycles
- Knowledge of DevOps and automation frameworks, including Jenkins
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of scripting languages, including PowerShell, Bash
- Experience in the Federal Government, Veterans Affairs, or Healthcare IT sectors
- Ability to work effectively independently and on diverse teams
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to adapt in a fast–paced and changing environment
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or Computer Engineering preferred
Applicants selected may be subject to a government investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements of the U.S. government client.
ThunderYard Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our community, and our customers. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination of race, color, religion, or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, protected veteran status, family medical history or genetic information.