JIRACOR is an ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2016 Rev D registered SBA 8(a) company
enabling affordability, effectiveness, and global mission readiness.
Instructional Systems Design Manager - Navy Programs (Ready Relevant Learning)
- Job Title
- Instructional Systems Design Manager - Navy Programs (Ready Relevant Learning)
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL
- Other Location
Job Title: Instructional Systems Design Manager - Navy Programs (Ready Relevant Learning)
JIRACOR is seeking an experienced Instructional Systems Design Manager to lead and manage instructional design efforts for Navy programs, specifically focusing on Ready Relevant Learning. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of instructional systems design, curriculum development, and Navy training methodologies to support the Navy's mission. In addition to core responsibilities, the Instructional Systems Design Manager will act as a learning and talent development manager on effective and leading-edge learning and development designs that align with learning and talent development strategy to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Lead a team of instructional designers and subject matter experts to develop and maintain high-quality training content for Navy programs, with a primary focus on Ready Relevant Learning.
- Collaborate with Navy program managers and stakeholders to identify training needs, objectives, and performance requirements.
- Design, develop, and evaluate effective instructional strategies, materials, and courses that align with Navy training standards.
- Oversee the development and implementation of technology-enhanced learning solutions, including e-learning and simulations.
- Ensure compliance with Navy and industry standards, regulations, and best practices related to instructional design and training development.
- Manage the review and revision of training materials to incorporate feedback and maintain relevancy.
- Stay current with emerging trends and technologies in instructional systems design and adult learning to enhance training effectiveness.
- Prepare and present reports, progress updates, and recommendations to senior management and Navy leadership.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment that encourages continuous improvement in training content and methods.
- Act as a learning and talent development manager on effective and leading-edge learning and development designs that align with learning and talent development strategy to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Develop and execute a curriculum of development experiences through collaboration with the Development Leader, Shared Services, and business leaders and managers.
- Lead the design, development, evaluation, pilot, and delivery of new learning and capability development programs through collaboration with shared services.
- Manage resources and budgets to ensure the effective delivery of curriculum, programs, and processes.
- Manage, coach, and support the success of junior team members within and across teams via informal reporting relationships.
- Build, manage, and leverage relationships with talent and business colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Systems Design, Education, or experience in a related field
- Proven experience in instructional systems design and curriculum development, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of Navy training programs, particularly Ready Relevant Learning.
- Familiarity with Navy policies and procedures related to training and curriculum development IAW Naval Education and Training Command (NAVEDTRA 130 series).
- Proficiency in instructional design software, Learning Management Systems (LMS), and e-learning development tools to include Authoring Instructional Materials (AIM) / Learning Object Module (LOM).
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- U.S. citizenship and eligibility for a security clearance may be required.
- Certification in Instructional Design (e.g., Certified Professional in Learning and Performance - CPLP).
- Experience in military training or Navy programs.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
News & Announcements
- JIRACOR – 2018 Success Stories Honoree in Central Florida
- Immersive Game-Based Training Courseware Contract Opens Bid Door for JIRACOR
- JIRACOR Awarded sub-contract for new US Army laser training system
- JIRACOR Awarded SBA 8(a) Certification
- JIRACOR has received ISO 9001:2015 & AS9100 Rev D Certification
Commitment to Quality
We are here to provide
the best possible support for you.
3275 Progress Drive
Orlando, FL 32826