Shop Technician Lead, Downhole ESP Equipment - Bakken
- Job Title
- Shop Technician Lead, Downhole ESP Equipment - Bakken
- Job ID
- Dickinson, ND
- Other Location
Are you a detail-oriented, technically minded individual who enjoys leading a small team of like-minded technicians? Do enjoy the opportunity to utilize your expertise in the shop preparation of electric submersible pumps and key downhole components, while utilizing the most advanced test benches, shop tooling, and leading-edge software to ensure customer success? If you’re ready to join a team of like-minded, disciplined professionals that recognize expertise in the ESP business, then this role is for you.
At Extract, we aren’t just oilfield services, we are at the forefront of energy technology. In our business, there is no room for compromise. Reliable equipment. Responsive service. Flawless execution. Advanced technology including over 25 issued and pending patents, for better production outcomes. Producers/Operators shouldn’t have to pick and choose or give up one to get the other. Which is why we’re a different kind of Electric Submersible Pump (ESP) company. We’re a wingman for success, delivering consistent production improvement through superior technical expertise, reliable equipment and relentless service. We don’t just get product moving, we help get cash flowing for our customers.
Extract Production Services is seeking an experienced Shop Technician Lead for Downhole ESP Equipment. This position will be responsible for all aspects of testing, preparation and certain assembly of ESP systems. In your new role, you’ll also undergo extensive training in some of Extract’s leading edge technology, including the SpeedFreq PMM, the Integrated Gas Processor, and other unique Extract downhole components. Partners with Field Service Technicians on customer orders and needs. This role leads all aspects of downhole services for the Dickinson, ND location.
- Assists in selection and development of Shop Technicians for this new location
- Leads shop efforts related to downhole products and services used on ESP systems, including Extract’s patented and exclusive Integrated Gas Processors and SpeedFreq PMM motors
- Leads a small team of Shop Technicians whose primary duties are as follows (1) Completing testing and inspections of both common ESP equipment and proprietary Extract equipment (2) Developing expertise and mastering all test benches and testing software (3) Maintaining Extract 6S program which includes: Loading/unloading new equipment; Staging equipment safely in proper locations; NORMing of inbound equipment; Maintaining stock levels; Identifying/requesting inventory based upon ROP; Maintaining Cycle Count inventory
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Basic computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
- ESP experience preferred, willing to train the right candidate
Education, Certifications and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Downhole experience required
Self-starter with a strong work ethic, team player, dependable, attention to detail, thoroughness of testing and inventory paperwork, desire to learn new downhole technology and grow, desire to win
Work Hours and Travel Requirements:
- Standard work hours Monday through Friday typically apply
- Longer hours may be expected based on customer needs
Who We Are
We’re here for one reason, to disrupt the industry. We are focused on leading tomorrow by leaning on the values of yesterday. Handshakes and integrity are not things of the past. They are guiding principles for our future. We will innovate and take risks. And if we fail, we’ll knock the dust off and try again. We will leverage technology and our countless years of expertise while still maintaining a personal approach. We will stand by your side through thick and thin until the job is done. We have installed nearly 5,000 ESPs and hundreds of HPS. It’s not in our DNA to settle or relent. But to always do right by you, our team members and customers.
What We Do
- Electric Submersible Pumps: We provide a full range of electric submersible pump (ESP) systems for conventional and unconventional well applications. The complete system is optimized for the specific downhole application challenges you face.
- Surface Pumping Systems: All of our surface pump systems are designed, engineered and built specifically to maximize the reliability of your operations, including pumps, instrumentation, thrust chambers and variable speed drives.
- Variable Speed Drives: Our variable speed drives (VSDs) allow our ESP systems to operate at a wider range of production volume than any fixed-speed control system while improving the longevity of your equipment in harsh environments.
- Optimization: We provide advanced production modeling, sizing and optimization services that improve well returns through higher production rates, greater equipment up-time and reliability, and better overall system efficiency.
- Service: Our highly trained and uniquely experienced personnel are experts in downhole unit installation and pulling, cable spooling and banding, ESP system start-up and the overall operational system configuration and any troubleshooting need.
More Reasons to Choose Extract
We are committed to providing our employees with competitive compensation and benefits as part of your total package. We generally offer health benefit programs to our employees and their families that are competitive and flexible enough to meet your needs, and retirement benefits to allow you to invest now for financial security when you retire.
- Competitive compensation; this role will range from $35-45 per hour based on experience
- Incentive programs including bonus programs, varies by role
- 401(k) with company matching contribution
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and disability benefits
- A consumer-driven health plan option with the potential for a company contribution to a Health Savings Account
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Paid time off (PTO) for vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays which includes all federal holidays beginning in 2024
- Employee learning and development support
- Educational assistance (university or technical/trade certifications)
- Advancement opportunities (we love to promote from within)
- Parental leave for birth or adoption events, 2 weeks
- Military leave support
- Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Option 1: Create a New Profile
© Copyright 2022 Extract