- Job Title
- Process Engineer
- Job ID
- Mainland, PA
- Other Location
Process Engineer, Full-Time
Accupac is hiring a full-time Process Engineer to join our 1st shift Packaging Department Team at our Mainland Location.
Process Engineer Basic Job Functions:
The Process Engineer is responsible for helping to assess Accupac’ s core competency, manufacturing equipment systems, and any other special requirements associated with the Manufacturing department of Accupac’s Mainland facility. The individual will also work directly with the Accupac’s client’s technical resources to transition new customer projects into Accupac – to include the development of the product specific Batch Card and Manufacturing Instructions. The individual will be a key player on the Manufacturing LEAN processes. Will also lead the Start-Up Team to include Experimental Batches, Stability, and Validation activities. The Chemical Process Engineer is responsible for creation of and population of metrics boards as well as continuous evaluation of Accupac’s manufacturing department competency, systems, capacities and improvements. The individual will assist the Manufacturing Manager and Supervisor on manufacturing activities with a focus on process improvement and proactive correction of problematic formulation and equipment. The incumbent will lead LEAN project and will be familiar with Six Sigma methodologies.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Create and update KPI boards and production output tracking using Lean Processes
- Use metrics-based approach for project selection to reduce Out of Specification product and deviations
- Lead process improvement projects using Six Sigma and Lean processes and lead facility improvement projects accordingly
- Assist manufacturing management in trouble shooting recurrent quality or equipment issues and solve them permanently.
- Develop Accupac batch cards and Manufacturing Instructions that agree with the customer’s specifications and within the Federal Food and Drug Administration’s Current Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines.
- Assist the Sales Department in assessing all new manufacturing projects.
- Identify the appropriate manufacturing system for a specific project and identify the need for any new equipment.
- Participate in the training of the Manufacturing Department personnel on new product introductions and changes
- Review and approve customer documentation pertaining to the manufacture of their product.
- Communicate issues that will negatively impact Accupac to Senior Management.
- Assist in the preparation of Nonconformance reports and review the issues with Quality and Management leaders
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements of the Job:
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language effectively.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of the FDA’s Current Good Manufacturing Practices as it relates to manufacturing operations
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate, influence, and lead plant personnel through process changes at the ground level
- Ability to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvement
- Team player with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing processes is highly preferred
- Able to walk/stand on concrete floors for up to three (3) hours per day and for long distances.
- Able to bend/stoop repeatedly.
- Able to climb step stools and maintain balance.
- Able to lift/carry items up to 40 pounds.
- Able to push/pull items up to 75 pounds.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Education and/or Experience: Must have a minimum of a B.S Degree in Chemical Engineering, Masters in Chemical Engineering is preferred. Must have 5 plus years of experience in a related industry.
- Required Skills
Minimum Requirements of the Job:
• Able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language effectively.
• Possess a thorough working knowledge of the FDA’s Current Good Manufacturing Practices as it relates to manufacturing operations
• Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to communicate, influence, and lead plant personnel through process changes at the ground level
• Ability to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvement
• Team player with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
• Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing processes is highly preferred
• Able to walk/stand on concrete floors for up to three (3) hours per day and for long distances.
• Able to bend/stoop repeatedly.
• Able to climb step stools and maintain balance.
• Able to lift/carry items up to 40 pounds.
• Able to push/pull items up to 75 pounds.