Field Service Technicians, ESP Equipment, Level 1 and 2 - Bakken (Dickinson, Minot, Williston, Watford City, ND or Baker, MT)
- Job Title
- Field Service Technicians, ESP Equipment, Level 1 and 2 - Bakken (Dickinson, Minot, Williston, Watford City, ND or Baker, MT)
- Job ID
- Dickinson, ND
- Other Location
Are you a detail-oriented, technically minded individual with superior work ethic? Are you someone who enjoys problem solving with oil and gas equipment, while working in the field independently? Does it satisfy you to help your customers accomplish their goals and keep oil wells pumping?
If you are ready to take your initial skill set and build upon it through:
- hands-on training,
- advanced technical training, and
- mentorship from some of the most highly experienced, knowledgeable field service professionals in the ESP industry
…Then this role is for you!
Build your expertise in the field installation, retrieval, and trouble-shooting of electric submersible pumps (ESPs) and key downhole components, while utilizing the most advanced surface equipment in the industry. If you’re ready to join a team of like-minded, disciplined professionals that foster, build, and develop expertise in the ESP business, this is the opportunity you've been looking for.
At Extract, we aren’t just oilfield services, we are at the forefront of energy technology. In our business, there is no room for compromise. Reliable equipment. Responsive service. Flawless execution. Advanced technology for better production outcomes. Producers/Operators shouldn’t have to pick and choose or give up one to get the other. Which is why we’re a different kind of Electric Submersible Pump (ESP) company. We’re a wingman for success, delivering consistent production improvement through superior technical expertise, reliable equipment and relentless service. We don’t just get product moving, we help get cash flowing for our customers.
Extract Production Services is seeking Level 1 (entry) and Level 2 (some experience) ESP Field Service Technicians. This role performs ESP installations and retrievals, routine checks, and troubleshooting, provides instruction and technical support to customer personnel in the proper handling and operating procedures of ESPs. If you have mechanical / electrical aptitude and a desire to grow, you can be trained by the best Company in the business.
Day in the Life:
Start your day in the beauty of the outdoor oilfield where you kick-off the day with a Safety meeting in partnership with our customers on the install/pull operations at the wellsite. Installs include everything from equipment assembly to running cable and tubing, to performing the electrical test throughout the installation of the ESP. A retrieval will be all activities in reverse. A Field Service Technician might perform anywhere from 2-5 ESP installs or retrievals in a week. Volume and associated activities may vary based on customer priorities and business needs. When you pull up on a location, you are representing Extract from beginning to end.
- Start-up and trouble-shooting experience with ESPs preferred but not required
- Maintains service truck and performs daily inspections to ensure compliance with regulations
- Collects information during testing and inspection to provide customers with recommendations on equipment status
- Adjust quickly to changing job assignments/requirements and the flexibility to work overtime with little or no advance notice
- Completes daily timesheet of hours worked
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2+ years of mechanical, plumbing, or high skill / technical experience with mechanical, electrical, or rotating equipment, or with ESP service directly preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
- ESP experience preferred, but we are committed to train the right candidate with advanced hands-on, practical and course work instruction
Education, Certifications and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Mechanical or electrical background preferred
- Military veteran / active or reserve military service
Independent with a strong work ethic, team player, good communication skills, dependable, attention to detail, good prioritization skills, thoroughness of paperwork, desire to learn and grow, desire to win and be the best in the business.
Work Hours and Travel Requirements:
- Ability to perform frequent travel in the field
- Long hours may be expected based on customer needs
Who We Are:
We’re here for one reason, to disrupt the industry. We are focused on leading tomorrow by leaning on the values of yesterday. Handshakes and ingenuity are not things of the past. They are guiding principles for our future. We will innovate and take risks. And if we fail, we’ll knock the dust off and try again. We will leverage technology and our countless years of expertise while still maintaining a personal approach. We will stand by your side through thick and thin until the job is done. It’s not in our DNA to settle or relent. But to always do right by you, our customers.
What We Do:
- Electric Submersible Pumps: We provide a full range of electric submersible pump (ESP) systems for conventional and unconventional well applications. The complete system is optimized for the specific downhole application challenges you face.
- Surface Pumping Systems: All of our surface pump systems are designed, engineered and built specifically to maximize the reliability of your operations, including pumps, instrumentation, thrust chambers and variable speed drives.
- Variable Speed Drives: Our variable speed drives (VSDs) allow our ESP systems to operate at a wider range of production volume than any fixed-speed control system while improving the longevity of your equipment in harsh environments.
- Optimization: We provide advanced production modeling, sizing and optimization services that improve well returns through higher production rates, greater equipment up-time and reliability, and better overall system efficiency.
- Service: Our highly trained and uniquely experienced personnel are experts in downhole unit installation and pulling, cable spooling and banding, ESP system start-up and the overall operational system configuration and any troubleshooting need.
More Reasons to Choose Extract:
We are committed to providing our employees with competitive compensation and benefits as part of your total package. We generally offer health benefit programs to our employees and their families that are competitive and flexible enough to meet your needs, and retirement benefits to allow you to invest now for financial security when you retire.
- Competitive compensation
- Incentive programs including bonus programs, varies by role and location
- 401(k) with company matching contribution
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and disability benefits
- A consumer-driven health plan option with the potential for a company contribution to a Health Savings Account
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Paid time off (PTO) for vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays which includes all federal holidays beginning in 2024
- Employee learning and development support
- Educational assistance (university or technical/trade certifications)
- Advancement opportunities (we love to promote from within)
- Parental leave for birth or adoption events, 2 weeks
- Military leave support
- Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Get the process started by applying to this job and completing this short Culture Index Survey so we can learn more about you!