Origination Manager, Real Estate - Solar & Storage
- Job Title
- Origination Manager, Real Estate - Solar & Storage
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction, and operation.
This role consists of a wide variety of real estate origination activities, including but not limited to title searching, examining, abstracting and agreement preparation. This involves managing a real estate origination team for greenfield and acquired wind energy projects. The role will involve using Landworks LPM real estate software, assisting in agreement drafting efforts, and maintaining existing wind agreements.
- Work directly with the origination team, project managers, land agents, real estate team members, landowners, legal representatives, LPM contacts, third party abstractors, and outside vendors.
- Utilize site-specific landowner and land research to quickly and accurately produce the agreements for a contiguous wind or solar farm site.
- Direct management and supervision of the following:
- Organizing and maintaining the initial parcel & landowner data provided to originate and develop renewable energy projects (from county, GIS, tax rolls, etc.).
- Examination of vesting instruments and other recorded documents from public records to identify each parcel and landowner for assigned projects
- Coordinating search work with third party abstractors, lawyers, recorders and researchers, as needed.
- Preparation and proofing of leases, easements, purchase options, and other origination associated documents to provide to development team.
- Travel to various counties and states for public records research and landowner meetings (not to exceed 25%).
- Provide customer service to landowners
- Manage and address ongoing new and revised document requests and maintain up to date status reports on project completion.
- Responsible for supervising and training for 3-5 employees
- Manage Real Estate Records Software (Landworks)
- 5+ years renewable energy real estate experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledgeable in title examination and abstracting
- Notary Public
- Landworks LPM and Microsoft Office Suite