Senior Director, Asset Optimization
- Job Title
- Senior Director, Asset Optimization
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables is a full-service renewable energy company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. National Grid Renewables has developed over 2,400 megawatts of wind and solar projects that are either operational or currently under construction throughout the United States. National Grid Renewables has a multi-gigawatt development pipeline of wind and solar projects in various stages of development throughout the United States. National Grid Renewables provides custom solutions for utilities and corporations looking to harness renewable energy for business growth. With deep roots in agriculture, National Grid Renewables prides itself on developing renewable energy projects that are farmer-friendly, community-driven, and beneficial for rural communities.
National Grid Renewable’s Asset Management team is focused on maximizing the value of its wind, solar, and storage assets while minimizing risk and maintaining compliance with contractual commitments, market rules, environmental regulations, and applicable permits, laws, and ordinances. The Senior Director of Asset Optimization will work closely with external stakeholder and vendors as well as internal support groups such as Operations, Power Markets, Accounting, Finance, Legal, Engineering and Compliance to manage the financial and commercial performance of a renewable portfolio.
- Manage and direct oversight of the performance optimization team
- Focus on analyzing long-term performance data to identify trends, optimize energy production, and plan for maintenance and upgrades
- Assess the overall performance of the projects
- Provide recommendations for improvement and project manage the execution thereof
- Evaluate new technologies and strategies to improve asset efficiency and longevity
- Perform ROI analysis on upgrades to the projects
- Review component usage as it relates to cost against budget
- Assess, implement and manage a CMMS
- Communicate regularly with counterparties and respond promptly to all customer requests; find and implement a solution quickly and effectively
- Coordinate and collaborate with asset management, field operations, power marketing, construction, resource, and development teams
- Collaborate with the operations engineering team to evaluate and suggest improvement for operational performance
- Liaise with O&M group on an on-going basis to ensure compliance with service contracts and project requirements as well as HSE and regulatory policies
- Manage handover process from the construction to operational stage
- Contribute information and analysis to contract negotiations during development, operational improvement initiatives, merger and acquisition activity or legal issues
- Bachelors or equivalent undergraduate degree with concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, Physics and/or Engineering
- 10+ years of successful U.S. energy industry experience in Asset Management or a related field
- Familiarity with energy financing structures
- Excellent project management skills coupled with organization, flexibility, and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish effective working relationships and articulate issues and subject matter to process owners
- Strong ability to review and analyze financial and technical data
- Strong understanding of project finance, legal contracts, accounting, and contract negotiations.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Experience working with wind, solar or thermal power plants.
- Advanced degree.