Solar/Storage Technician - Noble Solar & Storage
- Job Title
- Solar/Storage Technician - Noble Solar & Storage
- Job ID
- Krum, TX 76249
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community-focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid. It has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction, and operation.
National Grid Renewables partners with communities, farmers, and landowners where we develop. This means it’s not just about projects but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair, and affordable energy future for all.
The technician, based out of Texas, provides the on-site operations, maintenance, repairs, and replacement of equipment at utility scale Solar & Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) generation plants, and leads in all areas of plant operations as directed by the Plant Manager.
- Ensure strict management and compliance of all company and project environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs.
- Operate and maintain equipment, including HV equipment, combiner systems, Inverters, pad mount transformers, battery cubes/cores, control panels, MET stations, tracker systems, etc.
- Provide quality assessments and quality control of the work performed by all third-party contractors.
- Read schematics to troubleshoot complicated mechanical and electrical control systems and components.
- Perform mechanical and electrical component repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions following all manufacturers' requirements. Includes PV panels, inverter components, string inverters, battery cubes/cores, Met Tower equipment, tracker components, control panels, or other.
- Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with equipment maintenance manuals.
- Adhere to effective internal controls.
- Set up sites for proper tooling, inventory, spare parts, and other equipment necessary to perform efficiently and effectively.
- Assist the Plant Manager with administration of warranties. Submit and track warranty claims. Track all on loan parts and reconcile with appropriate parties.
- Assist with capital improvement programs and retrofits.
- Assist with vegetation management as needed and determined by the Plant Manager.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule. May require working short notice at times outside normal business hours - Including nights, weekends, or holidays.
- Occasional travel to maintain efficient operations of the equipment and fleet sites.
- Four-year college degree or technical school certificate; or 5 years of related experience or power industry training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in solar facility operations and maintenance including a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a broad range of renewable or other power generation development, design, permitting, construction, or operations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, management and reporting systems, including the use of computerized diagnostic, and troubleshooting tools.
- Valid Driver's License & ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work around low and medium voltage.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Knowledge of equipment required for facility maintenance.
- Proficiency in interpretation of electrical schematics and prints.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Experience in Solar/BESS plant operations or related power plant operations.
- Master or Journeyman electrical license certified through the state of Illinois.
- Experience in high voltage maintenance and switching & ability to run test equipment for troubleshooting.
- Experience establishing and improving preventative maintenance programs.
- Experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).