Intern, Amazon Site Merchandising (Universal & Warner Bros. Joint Venture)
- Job Title
- Intern, Amazon Site Merchandising (Universal & Warner Bros. Joint Venture)
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Universal City, CA 91608
- Other Location
Studio Distribution Services (SDS) is a joint venture between Warner Bros. and Universal
Pictures. We are the leading distributor for the entertainment industry, responsible for the Sales, Retail Marketing, and Supply Chain of home entertainment products
for both Studios.
We manage a wide range of famous film labels, including Universal Pictures, Warner Bros., Legendary Entertainment, Focus Features, HBO, DreamWorks Animation, MGM, Illumination Entertainment…and also managing distribution for other partners including Paramount, Village Roadshow, BBC, Cartoon Network, Entertainment One, Crunchyroll, Shout Factory!, Pure Flix, and Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Partners.
SDS oversees new release and library content, for both film and television. With our entrepreneurial spirit and the backing of two world-renowned media organizations, we endeavor to be a bold and innovative company that’s not afraid to take risks, while maintaining the trust of our studio and retail partners. SDS believes in fostering an inclusive and collaborative culture, and embraces diverse backgrounds, ideas, and approaches, at all levels within the organization. Headquartered on the iconic Universal Lot in Los Angeles, SDS also has sales offices in Bentonville, AR, and Toronto, Canada.
Joining the SDS team comes with all the perks you’d expect from Warner Bros. and Universal, like access to incredible content, a hybrid work schedule observing core hours (normally 3 days in the office & 2 days remote), unlimited vacation, robust healthcare benefits, ability to contribute to a 401k on day one with up to 6% matching, training & development, access to Studio Leadership, and more.
A few particulars about this internship:
- Applicants must be current college/university students with at least 1 quarter/semester remaining.
- The hourly rate is $20/hour.
- It is a hybrid role with the expectation being in the office at least part of one day/week, with a total of 15-20 hours a week in total.
- Our ideal applicant is an undergraduate student with at least one year of university completed.
The intern will lead a project to ensure that our product assortment is buyable and in-stock and that our titles and brands are presented in a manner that drives traffic and sales. They will investigate and analyze the underlying fundamentals of our products to determine if they are procurable by Amazon and being replenished to meet demand. They will work with our supply chain partners to identify process gaps that contribute to out of stocks and procurability issues and will identify recommendations and solutions for improvement.
The scope of role will also include sales and merchandising activities, analysis, and the necessary cross-functional coordination within SDS, Amazon Vendor Management, and our studio partners. This customer-facing role will work closely with the Retail Planning, Sales, Supply Chain, and Master Data teams to identify and analyze opportunities to improve processes around our supply chain and metadata.
- Auditing and evaluating detail page content across priority SKUs (new release and top 200) to ensure that they are in-stock and properly priced and displayed on the Amazon website
- Analyzing supply chain reports to identify root causes for non-procurable ASINs and process gaps that contribute to out of stocks and lost buy box
- Partnering with cross-functional teams and Amazon Vendor Management to ensure new releases are available on site and represented accurately and optimally to the shopper in a timely manner. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Creating A+ detail pages on Amazon using studio provided assets
- Setting up EPO (early preorder) at Amazon on TV and theatrical new releases
- Obtaining keywords from studios at announce for new releases & providing to Amazon
- Fixing item variations on the detail page
- Analytical expertise across a broad portfolio
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Comfortable accessing and working with large volumes of data from multiple sources and querying the data into actionable reporting
- Ability to clearly summarize and communicate findings
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable presenting ideas and concepts to varying senior levels
- Experience in cultivating relationships both internally and externally
- Prior experience working with Amazon or another online retailer preferred
- Strong business acumen
- Strong attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Integrity - be truthful in all interactions and treat others with respect
- Ownership - take responsibility and be entrepreneurial
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Results Oriented - find a way to deliver against goals and objectives
- Assertiveness - high level of focus and energy, promptness, and preparation
- Accuracy - strong attention to detail and ability to manage concurrent tasks
Studio Distribution Services’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Studio Distribution Services will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.