Windows System Administrator
- Job Title
- Windows System Administrator
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Atlanta, GA
- Other Location
Job Description Summary:
Installs, configures and maintains mid-range operating systems. Applies advanced consulting skills and/or extensive technical expertise; full industry knowledge. Develops innovative solutions to complex problems. Works without considerable direction; mentors and may supervise team members. Bachelors degree and 5+ years directly related experience or Masters degree and 3+ years directly related experience. Years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree for certain roles. Certifications may be accepted in lieu of a degree for certain technical roles.
Your combination of people skills and technical expertise makes you a hero, solving one problem after another. What if you could use those skills supporting a Cloud platform for the Department of Veterans Affairs(VA)? We're looking for a Windows Systems Administrator who enthusiastically pursues solutions to technical and operational challenges to help build and support infrastructure in support of VA's critical missions.
As a systems administrator on our project, you'll become part of a highly effective team to not only conduct operations and maintenance but directly contribute to the enhancement of every information technology component that comprises multiple distinct domains in the VA data centers and the cloud. By leveraging your creativity and initiative, we will help drive the future. You'll analyze problem areas and identify opportunities for improvement in mission-critical networks. This is an opportunity to rapidly gain experience in a highly demanding and diverse Windows computing environment with an operational-facing entity. We focus on growing as a team, so we'll share techniques, work through change, and develop new methodologies together. Join our motivated team and contribute to implementing creative solutions to some of the largest challenges facing our clients today.
• Provide top tier troubleshooting for Windows Server Operating System issues and creates and maintains documentation on how to resolve those issues in the future
• Ensure system availability and performance by identifying and addressing performance issues and proactively planning for system upgrades and capacity improvements.
• Execute monthly Microsoft operating system patching to ensure enterprise systems aren’t vulnerable to security vulnerabilities and can take advantage of new features.
• Proactively monitor, maintain, and tune systems (through automation where possible) in an effort to provide maximum uptime
· Experience with Windows Server Systems Administration, including systems troubleshooting and server hardware
· Experience with Enterprise storage area networks, SAN attached storage and RAID configuration
· Experience with clustering
· Experience with Backup and Restores and PowerShell scripting
· Experience with HyperV or VMWare
· Experience with securing and resolving vulnerabilities to maintain ATO
· Experience with Active Directory, including manage group policy, users, and groups
· Ability to explain technical concepts to junior users, solve problems in stressful situations, and troubleshoot complex issues
· Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
· HS diploma or GED and 7+ years of experience with Windows systems administration, Associate's degree and 6+ years of experience with Windows systems administration, or Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience with Windows systems administration
Nice If You Have:
· Experience with blade and chassis configuration
· Experience with Nessus, Penetration, Database and WASA Remediation findings
· Experience with Fiber Channel, iSCSI or NFS
· Experience with Ivanti patch management
· Experience with SCOM Operations Manager
· Experience with SQL server database maintenance
· Experience with administration in AWS or Azure
· MCSA Windows Server 2016 Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Applicants selected may be subject to a government investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements of the U.S. government client.
ThunderYard Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our community, and our customers. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination of race, color, religion, or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, protected veteran status, family medical history or genetic information.