Construction Management Intern
- Job Title
- Construction Management Intern
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
About the Position:
National Grid Renewables is seeking an intern to join its Construction team for the summer of 2024. The intern will be immersed into Renewable Energy Project Management – budgeting, scheduling, problem solving, types of communications and processes within construction project management. They will have the opportunity to review engineering details and design documents and see them in the field. Their work will have a real impact, and they will be asked to present on their experience to department leadership staff at the end of the summer.
What you will be doing:
- Work alongside Project Managers and Construction teams on all aspects of company projects including budgets, schedules, and design reviews.
- Report key project metrics to NG Renewables management team
- Own meeting & document organization
What you bring to the role:
- Knowledge of project management or engineering principles.
- Interest in wind and/or solar energy construction or engineering.
- Capability of working in the field, but also interested in office due diligence.
- College student or recent graduate with a degree in construction management, project management, civil engineering, electrical engineering, or related field.
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote wind and solar energy sites.
Other Important Information:
- This is a paid internship
- Expected hours are about 40/week