SHE Risk & Compliance Intern
- Job Title
- SHE Risk & Compliance Intern
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
About the Position:
The SHE (safety, health, environment) Risk and Compliance Team supports all aspects of environmental health and safety during development, construction, and operations of NG Renewables projects, as well as the ESG and Risk and Compliance programs of the Company. The SHE Risk & Compliance intern will support various initiatives of the team to better the systems, procedures, and people of the organization. The SHE Risk and Compliance intern will report to the Safety and ESG Specialist of the SHE Team.
- Enhance automation abilities and efficiency of carbon emission data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Advance safety and environmental data reporting through Microsoft Power Platforms (PowerBI, PowerAutomate).
- Support field safety initiatives (behavioral based safety program, site EHS assessments, technician training and qualification program).
- Support organization-wide risk and compliance needs and program development.
- Provide management of SHE softwares (training, incident management), and support to field teams in usage.
- Assisting in the development of instructor led and virtual trainings on various SHE topics.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Have or pursuing a degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or other related field.
- Desire and ability to learn new systems and areas of expertise.
- Independent working style and attention to detail.
- Solution oriented attitude.
- Ability to take on a wide variety of tasks with enthusiasm and diligence and balance changing priorities.
- This is a paid internship
- Expected hours are about 40/week