PV Design Engineer III
- Job Title
- PV Design Engineer III
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community-focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction, and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high-value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it is not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair, and affordable energy future for all.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Define site constraints and buildable areas for solar PV array.
- Complete conceptual design packages and coordinate technical requirements to help transition designs to the engaged EPC Contractor
- Complete LCOE analysis using the latest advanced industry optimization software (optimize capacity, production, and cost)
- Prioritize, multitask, and follow through on assigned tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and tasks are consistent with engineering best practices and policies.
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Policy and other industry-specific professional and ethical standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in utility scale renewables, 7+ years’ experience preferred.
- PE license is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of PVSyst, Plant Predict, PVcase and other leading power industry modeling tools.
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Autodesk Civil 3D
- Ability to concentrate on details as well as overall project design basis.
- Experience with conceptual estimating; including ability to understand, price define, and explain estimate content and approach.
- Proven ability to organize and manage several preconstruction projects concurrently.