Remote Operations Center Operator
- Job Title
- Remote Operations Center Operator
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction, and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair, and affordable energy future for all.
About the Position:
National Grid Renewables is currently seeking a Remote Operations Center (ROC) Operator to remotely monitor the operation and performance of wind, solar, and battery storage assets. The ROC Operator will play a key role in the safe and reliable operations of our renewable energy assets. The ROC Operator is responsible for performance monitoring and remote diagnostics including turbine and inverter resets as well as regulatory actions to include voltage control changes and curtailment actions. Under supervision of the ROC Manager, the Operator will monitor and control computer and peripheral electronic data processing equipment to analyze data and remotely operate wind turbine generators, solar assets, and battery storage assets.
What you will be doing:
The ROC Operator I will focus on following areas:
- Continuously monitor the operation of facilities to ensure compliance with safe operations, electrical system procedures, regulatory requirements, power sales requirements, dispatch instructions, contractual obligations, and business unit objectives.
- Facilitate Team Generation Blast calls.
- Initiate and monitor outage requests as needed.
- Work closely with on-site operations to maximize project availability and production.
- Build and maintain relationships with primary stakeholders and market participants, including power purchasers, scheduling entities, system operators and facility technicians to optimize performance, maximizing availability.
- Start, stop, and dispatch wind, solar and battery storage facilities to meet planned schedule.
- Perform diagnostic analysis of operating data to assess operating performance and identify abnormal performance conditions.
- Build statistical models for operational trending.
- Effectively communicate abnormal conditions to management or stakeholders.
- Help and assist with building out and crafting solutions to improve our internal display screens, reports, and customer-facing products.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate IT issues.
- Occasional travel to Data Center locations and training.
- The Operations Center is a 24/7 operation. This is a 12 hour rotating shift assignments. Nights, weekends, overtime, and holiday work is required.
What you bring to this role:
- High school diploma or GED required and minimum of 2-year degree.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal job instructions.
- Experience in the renewable energy field preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and written procedures.
- Ability and willingness to respond to plant operational needs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work proactively and productively without supervision.
- Experience with other Microsoft Tools such as Power Bi (preferred)
- Proficiency with SCADA systems (preferred)
- Must be willing to work from our headquarters in Bloomington, MN.