Asset Management Intern
- Job Title
- Asset Management Intern
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
About the Position:
National Grid Renewable’s Asset Management is seeking a summer 2024 Asset Management Analyst Intern. This role will expand on the student's current technical knowledge, introduce them to the corporate environment, and will challenge their communication skills, and grow their ability to perform well in a team setting. The duties of the intern will have a real impact on the firm, and the student will present on their experience to leadership staff at the end of the summer. This individual will learn fast in a changing and growing company and will take away “real world experience” as well as a better understanding of the renewable energy industry.
What You'll Do:
- Help identify and support areas of opportunity for production and asset optimization
- Collaborate with other departments and support current data initiatives to generate reporting requests
- Reviews current business process flows and data usage to identify areas of opportunity and improvement
- Assist in ongoing efforts around PowerBI reports/dashboards
- Triaging various analysis/reporting issues with for the group.
- Other duties as assigned
- College student studying engineering, business, accounting, finance, economics, data science, or other relevant subject
- Proficiency with coding languages
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 and other Business Intelligence Tools
- Strong numeric skills
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Time management capabilities
- Self-starter in a remote or in-person environment
- Organized with a willingness to learn
- Highly motivated, energetic, and a positive attitude