Cloud Engineer (REMOTE)
- Job Title
- Cloud Engineer (REMOTE)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Fairfax, VA
- Other Location
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference for our Veterans? What if you could find a position that is tailor made for your mix of development, engineering, and communication skills? Efficient software development teams make the most of their time by limiting the activities that take developers away from writing their code.
That’s why we need you, an experienced Cloud Engineer, to help us shorten the time it takes to get critical software into the hands of business users who need it to perform advanced mission essential operations.
As a Cloud Engineer on our team, you’ll use your experience to streamline our software development life cycle from requirements to monitoring in production. You’ll lead efforts to incorporate open-source tools, automation, and cloud resources to cut down on tedious, boring tasks and free up the teams to do what they do best – innovate. You’ll implement continuous integration and delivery to limit manual testing and troubleshooting. This is an opportunity to broaden your skillset into areas like automation, cloud-based development, and open-source tools. As a technical leader, you’ll identify new opportunities to build solutions to help your customers meet their toughest challenges.
· 5+ years of experience with supporting Linux systems engineering efforts in system design and evaluation, solution engineering, software development, or system administration
· 3+ years of experience with a complex build system
· 3+ years of experience configuring, integrating, and securing multiple AWS services to deliver sustainable functionality
· 3+ years of experience as an administrator for one of the following container platforms: Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, and/or EKS
· Experience with leading and mentoring other Cloud Engineers
· Experience with advanced scripting languages, including how to write infrastructure as code and the development of custom scripts to automate capabilities including the use of Ansible, Python, Bash, and Terraform
· Experience with developing services, including Lambda
· Experience with leveraging Cloud service providers, including AWS and Azure, to create automated DevSecOps pipelines
· Knowledge of Agile methodologies or the software development life cycle (SDLC)
· Ability to obtain a security clearance
· BS Degree in engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline is required
Nice If You Have:
· Experience with developing back-end software applications
· Experience with configuring an Opensearch cluster and managing index lifecycle
· Knowledge of security scanning tools, configuring their use, and working with teams to fix vulnerabilities
· Knowledge of Java
· MS degree
· Security+ Certification or similar certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a government investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements of the U.S. government client.
ThunderYard Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our community, and our customers. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination of race, color, religion, or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, protected veteran status, family medical history or genetic information.