Ready by Five Millage Funding Administrator
- Job Title
- Ready by Five Millage Funding Administrator
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
First Steps Kent is an independent, public-private partnership that leads community efforts to strengthen and coordinate early childhood services in Kent County, Michigan. By providing knowledge, skills, and opportunities to families, we invest in the community’s youngest children to ensure a more prosperous future for all—and you can help!
In November 2018, Kent County passed a .25 mil increase. This will generate more than $5 million annually for the next six years to provide dedicated funding for community-based early childhood programs that are proven to work, ensuring that children and their families have access to vital services and supports. First Steps Kent is the organization administering these funds based on recommendations from the Resident Proposal Review Board.
We are in search of a Funding Administrator with an innate attention to detail who can be a resource to the staff of millage-funded programs and ensure compliance with Ready by Five Early Childhood Millage requirements through analysis, strong communication, and relationship building. We are excited to add to our team!
What your day will look like:
- Serves as a primary liaison for all assigned Ready by Five Early Childhood Millage-funded programs.
- Prepares and conducts external monitoring visits, including compliance with policies, conducting quality assessment, meeting financial targets, and ensuring reporting requirements are followed by funded programs.
- Supports the Resident Proposal Review Board process by providing information related to programs' performance to support the funding allocation process.
- Collaborates with the First Steps Kent finance team to track financial targets and prepare documentation related to invoicing to be submitted to Kent County each month.
- Ensures the awardee process happens in accordance with policies put in place by regularly reviewing the Service Provider Manual and Kent County requirements for millage funding.
- Collaborates with the team, identifies learning needs of funded programs, and develops training and professional development opportunities.
- Develops strategies and tools to increase learning to support quality improvement within the provider network.
- Conducts research and consulting with advisors to stay up to date on requirements and best practices within early childhood programming.
- Negotiates contracts, terms, and deadlines with partners funded by the Ready by Five Millage.
- Establishes and monitors Key Performance Indicators for each service type and individual contracts. Prepares and or reviews information and develops reports for internal and external stakeholders to report each contract's performance.
- Ensures confidentiality, ethics, and integrity of millage-related information are maintained at all times.
- Develops technical written documents related to funding administration duties, including requests for proposals, policy manual updates, contract amendments, and other materials.
- As needed, supports the development and modification of Ready by Five policies and procedures systems in accordance with governmental regulations and organizational needs and objectives.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Administration, Contract Management and Procurement, or a field relevant to compliance management; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant procurement, funding, or contracts administration experience.
- Strong familiarity with early childhood programming preferred, but not required.
- A strong ethical principle, emphasizing integrity and confidentiality in all work.
- Self-motivated individual who also values teamwork and collaboration.
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for improving the lives of young children.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, with a generous PTO package
- Positive work/life balance
- An opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth and development of children and families across Kent County.
First Steps Kent is an Equal Opportunity Employer