IT Help Desk/Tech Support
- Job Title
- IT Help Desk/Tech Support
- Job ID
- Northampton, MA 01060
- Other Location
IT Help Desk/Tech Support
We are in search of an experienced IT Help Desk technician to join our team. This position will begin as partially remote but will transition to a fully on-site role in the future.
Pioneer Valley Books is a leading publisher of award-winning literacy resources. We are committed to providing quality books for children learning to read and resources that support teachers in their work. Our customers passionately love our products, and our company is rapidly growing.
We seek an individual experienced in providing support to company staff and customers to resolve a variety of issues related to workstations, networking, phone systems, backup and disaster recovery, account management, application software, and email. This person will strive to keep IT support systems organized and to respond to issues in a timely manner. This will involve building tasks and projects around requests and coordinating with the IT team to ensure problems are solved, all while maintaining notes and managing documentation. Additionally, this position will provide general website maintenance and assistance to web team members.
Key Duties Include:
- Provide installation support, including training and education of end users on basic systems access and usage of telephones, desktops/laptop applications, email, ERP system, OS X, shipping software, Google Docs, Adobe, etc.Deploy and manage servers, desktops, laptops, printers, monitors, and telephones
- Troubleshoot and remedy technical issues such as software install/repair, removing viruses, rebuilding corrupted end-user profiles, replacement of hardware components, etc.
- Create and delete user accounts, and communicate and enforce security and compliance rules to employees and nonemployees regarding passwords and access to computer systems
- Understand and maintain hardware and software, keeping user downtime to a minimum utilizing “help desk” approach
- Update and maintain e-commerce site data, including troubleshooting
- Serve as technical support for customers; troubleshoot customer technical problems and suggest remedies for recurring customer interface issues
- Assist customer service in creating and maintaining help desk software for all PVB customer-facing applications; experience with Zendesk a plus
- Maintain inventory of all electronic equipment, including desktops, laptops, mobiles, iPads, switches, printers, and all other IT-department-owned peripherals
- Research, maintain, and monitor hardware purchasing and contracts (i.e., leased electronics, printers, copiers, etc.). Liaise as needed with third-party support and equipment vendors
- Perform system maintenance, backups, and upgrades during approved after-hour time slots
- Develop and maintain procedures manual for network and systems
- Handle web content maintenance, refreshing content on sites with submissions from various departments; monitor pages for outdated material, broken links; implement security measures; ensure compliance with policies on standards and accessibility
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Associate’s degree (BS preferred) and at least 3 years of IT support experience
- Some work experience with networking equipment (routers, switches, wireless access points), including security appliances (e.g., HW firewalls)
- Strong knowledge of MacOS and Windows and related software/apps
- Familiarity with networking technologies (DNS, DHCP, VPN, etc.)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, and Network Services/Security
- Experience with cybersecurity a plus
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Solid problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Proven talent for working with and supporting team members
Pioneer Valley Books is located in Northampton, MA; priority will be given to local candidates. This position is full-time, partially remote at this time (with a minimum of two days/week in the office), with plans to transition to a fully on-site role in the future.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a small, welcoming, pet-friendly office environment. Please respond with a letter of interest and résumé (no phone calls, please).
Pioneer Valley Books is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. M/F/D/V/SO