Bridge Laborer/Carpenter (Seasonal/Mobile Crew)
- Job Title
- Bridge Laborer/Carpenter (Seasonal/Mobile Crew)
- Job ID
- North Platte (base location), NE
- Other Location
Simon is an industry leader, specializing in aggregates, asphalt and ready-mix concrete production, asphalt paving, and concrete, bridge, highway, and utility construction. Through strong local ties backed by global resources, we focus on quality and value to deliver the best products and services for our clients. What we do is bigger than construction – it is about connecting communities, building new roads to the future, and keeping the spirit of the pioneers alive and well.
As a Bridge Laborer, you will help keep our communities connected by rebuilding the network of bridges that span the state of Nebraska. You will work closely with other crew members to successfully repair, rebuild, and maintain bridges. This opportunity is excellent for those that are highly motivated, enjoy traveling and physical outdoor work.
- Assist experienced foremen and other tradespeople with tasks that involve preparation and cleaning of construction sites, operation of power tools and loading/unloading of materials or equipment.
- Perform carpentry work related to bridge construction.
- Operate tools and heavy equipment under the guidance of skilled mentors; enhance your knowledge in various skilled trade specialties related to bridge construction.
- Demonstrate best safety practices while working at heights, moving tools and materials, lifting various objects up to 50lbs, and working in all weather conditions.
A background in heavy civil/road/bridge Construction, Carpentry, and/or related area is preferred. A clean driving record is required. The ability to travel with consecutive overnight stays away from home is required.
Committed to safety, excellence in quality, and our employees, Simon is a great place to plant your roots. You will be offered the opportunity to work with many types of people and environments to broaden your skills. With strong resources and training, as well as an accessible leadership team, we have the tools to maximize your success. While we are a large organization, we maintain a smaller-family feel. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, with excellent opportunities for advancement. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-290-6018.