Plant Mechanic (Mobile and Non-Mobile) Sign-on Bonus Available
- Job Title
- Plant Mechanic (Mobile and Non-Mobile) Sign-on Bonus Available
- Job ID
- Ogallala, NE 69153
- Other Location
Simon is an industry leader, specializing in aggregates, asphalt and ready-mix concrete production, asphalt paving, and concrete, bridge, highway, and utility construction. Through strong local ties backed by global resources, we focus on quality and value to deliver the best products and services for our clients. What we do is bigger than construction – it is about connecting communities, building new roads to the future, and keeping the spirit of the pioneers alive and well.
No day will be the same as a Plant Mechanic for Simon! You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of components and parts on plant equipment and machinery, including conveyors, motors, pumps, etc. To help keep our rolling stock in top notch condition, you may also perform minor preventative maintenance on heavy equipment (oil changes, minor part replacement, etc.) In addition, you will take the lead on other plant/quarry maintenance needs and help in other areas of plant operations as needed. You will be a key player in our team’s success and challenged through diversity of tasks.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain plant equipment and machinery (including but not limited to, conveyor belts, pumps, electrical systems, crushers, etc.).
- Perform troubleshooting, testing, and preventative maintenance to ensure all equipment and machinery is in working and safe condition.
- Maintain the highest level of safety standards and hold others accountable for upholding best safety practices.
- Assist with overall organization and operation of plants and worksites
- Work experience with Equipment Maintenance, Construction Equipment Repair, or Facility Operations is preferred.
- A clean driving record is required.
- Overnight travel may be required based on project; positions assigned to mobile plants can expect extended periods away from home depending on project location.
- Previous experience in welding and working with medium voltages and heights are required.
Committed to safety, excellence in quality, and our employees, Simon is a great place to plant your roots. You will be offered the opportunity to work with many types of people and environments to broaden your skills. With strong resources and training, as well as an accessible leadership team, we have the tools to maximize your success. While we are a large organization, we maintain a smaller-family feel. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, with excellent opportunities for advancement. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-290-6018.