Join Our Team
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Thompson Child & Family Focus is an equal opportunity employer. Thompson Child & Family Focus promotes diversity within the organization to ensure a diverse workforce as well as for accreditation purposes.
Individual Giving Manager
- Job Title
- Individual Giving Manager
- Job ID
- Matthews, NC 28105
- Other Location
Thompson is seeking an Individual Giving Manager to join our growing team.
Thompson is a leading provider of clinical and prevention services for children and families across North Carolina. The Charlotte, N.C. based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency changes the lives of at-risk children and families through early childhood services, family stability programs and mental health treatment. Thompson is growing, now with locations and services that stretch from Wilmington to Asheville.
Thompson offers several benefits as part of our competitive employee package:
• Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short/long term insurance, 401k retirement, PTO.
• Multiple pathways for upward mobility within the agency.
• High quality technology for staff including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops
• Performance based bonuses.
• Monthly gym membership
• Paid Time Off specific for Volunteerism in the community
- Display individual proficiency and effectiveness in the role
- Be punctual, arrive on time, and prepared
- Learn and utilize the organization’s systems, processes and procedures as instructed
- Display a high degree of being open to coaching/feedback regarding performance and areas of improvement
- Contribute to a positive team culture through your actions, attitude, and communication
- Consistently deliver excellent customer service to your clients/customers
- Conduct yourself in the highest standards of ethics and integrity while displaying emotional intelligence in your day to day work with customers, peers, and leadership
- Represent the organization internally and externally through your communication and conduct
- Display trauma informed practices and principles in your interactions with customers, with peers and with leadership
- Manage a portfolio current donors and prospective donors, cultivating and facilitating strong, ongoing relationships with individuals who support Thompson’s mission.
- Works with Donor Services Manager around the following: processing and acknowledgment of voluntary gifts, account updates and documentation, production of standard and special reports, and related communication with donors.
- Analyze and track all Mid-level solicitations regularly and adjust strategies/goals on ongoing basis.
- Work with Donor Services Coordinator on all outstanding pledge documentation, follow-up, and record keeping for Mid-level donors.
- Research and maintain up-to-date donor profiles to determine potential giving abilities.
- Work to devise internal procedures to ensure highest quality control.
- Document all appropriate AF activity information in Raiser’s Edge database.
- In partnership with Development team members, identify 50-75 new prospective donors capable of making entry Mid-level gifts and design cultivation strategies to engage them, and/or Lapsed donors recaptured into active donor group.
- Create individual goals for each person in his or her portfolio based on the donor's history of giving and the Agency's knowledge of that donor's potential.
- Secure a minimum of 50 first time/prior lapsed donor gifts with a minimum of $2,500.00 and develop a cultivation strategy for increase to Major-Level giving.
- Work with all community funded Program leaders to secure needed project information, including budgets, to create offers, proposals and asks that will be used to secure $2,500.00+ gifts.
- Design and implement effective solicitation strategies, managing leadership prospect relationships to enhance first-time, continued or increased monetary support, with oversight by the VP ofDevelopment.
- Actively engage and support a range of individuals including those on Thompson’s Executive Team, Board of Trustees, Resource Development staff and other key individuals to aid in giving cultivation and solicitation activity.
- Travel as needed for personal contact with prospective and current donors.
- Identify, manage, solicit, and secure all Corporate Gifts beginning at a minimum of $1,000.00 and max $5,000.00
- With Engagement Coordinator, prepare and execute any corporate and community engagement events with partners that give in excess of $1,000.00 and max $5,000.00.
- Prepare and present to New and/or current corporate entities on all aspects of Thompson, giving, and engagement opportunities.
- Prepare and disperse Corporate Giving and Engagement documentation annually.
- Responsible for the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of $50,000.00 in corporate giving.
Position Specifications and Education:
- Must have a valid North Carolina Driver License and meet any credentialing, licensing and privileging standards as it pertains to the department you are in
- Education requirement: BA/BS Degree
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in non-profit development or professional workplace environment with at least one year cultivating gifts of $1,000.00 or more or outside sales experience preferred
- CFRE and/or other non-profit fundraising certifications a plus, but not required
- Sound analytical skills and above average computer knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. No phone calls or emails please.