- Job Title
- Integrator (COO)
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
We are seeking a dynamic EOS Integrator (COO) to faithfully lead the company into its next phase of growth. Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors serves burn survivors, loved ones, burn care professionals, researchers, and anyone else committed to empowering the burn community and building a safer world. Our vision is uniting the voice of the burn community around the globe to profoundly advance lifelong healing, optimal recovery, and burn prevention.
As a prime candidate, you are naturally gifted conversing with board members as you are at “pitching in” to help a team member solve an issue. You are goal-oriented, and results-driven but understand it is the teamwork that makes the dream work. You know how to influence and create enthusiasm for your initiatives, and your follow-through is key to who you are. You set clear direction, create clear alignment and your staff members have high commitment. You have a servant leader mentality who thrives at teaching others to fish, and you are motivated by taking action. If this sounds like the opportunity that fits you, then as COO (Integrator), you will execute the business plan and achieve P&L results by leading, managing, and holding the team accountable for agreed-upon commitments. You will remove obstacles and barriers, manage major projects, standardize and systematize work, and integrate all major functions of the business. You will work with the CEO to filter and translate ideas into the functional plans of the business. The COO will report to the CEO and have responsibility for managing all areas of the business including Development-Marketing, Finance, HR, Digitalization-IT, and Service Delivery.
What we value:
Growth mindset – We seek opportunities to evolve
Unity – The goal is bigger than any one of us
Accountability – When we make a promise we deliver together
Constant Learning – committed to personal and professional development
Integrity – We do the right thing even when it is the hard thing
Equity and Inclusion – We empower and support every member of our community.
What your day would look like:
- Partner with the CEO (Visionary) on short and term planning. Executes the business plan, achieving or exceeding planned P&L objectives.
- Own the scorecard and leverage it to proactively identify issues.
- Lead, manage, and hold the leadership team accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments. Integrate all major operating functions of the business using the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) .
- Ensure everyone is rowing together in the same direction. Model the way, always working toward the greater good of the business.
- Resolve issues quickly and effectively - seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems, and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner.
- Ensure the leadership team is healthy, functional, and cohesive. Ensures that everyone is truly following, and adhering to, the company’s core processes and operating system with consistency.
- Demonstrate effective project management and continuous improvement skills. Uses both skills to evolve our core processes.
- Dependably demonstrate a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity.
- Effectively collaborate with the CEO (Visionary) to remain aligned at all times. Confirm that all key messages are properly and consistently cascaded across the organization. Inherently ensure that everyone is in the know.
You may be the perfect match if you have:
- A minimum of 7-10 years of senior leadership experience in a non-profit or consumer product-driven business.
- A broad mix of start-up to medium-sized companies is preferred. Collaborative nature as demonstrated by management experience across multiple departments and disciplines.
- Highly analytical, strong in critical thinking, and ability to make data-driven decisions by establishing effective metrics.
- A “player-coach” who can both manage teams and get into the weeds when necessary.
- Strong track record of providing and leading a vision and strategy that directly and positively impacts growth.
- Extensive budget, forecasting, and P&L experience.
- Experience helping organizations grow through scale-up phase into mature business phase.
- Comfortable in a high-growth EOS environment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and total rewards program including SIMPLE IRA with 2% non-elective contribution, paid holidays, paid time off, and 100% medical coverage. Dental, vision, life insurance are also all available for employee purchase. We offer flexibility to own your calendar, work in a hybrid model, and dress for your day! Basically, we are a mission-focused place to work, so come check us out!
Learn more about us by visiting our website: https://www.phoenix-society.org/who-we-are