Data and Outcomes Coordinator
- Job Title
- Data and Outcomes Coordinator
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
We are seeking a Data & Outcomes Coordinator to oversee the implementation of short and long-term projects related to collective impact initiatives within early childhood. Projects may include First Steps Kent (FSK) projects as well as external projects in collaboration with community partners. The Data and Outcome Coordinator provides monitoring and technical assistance for monthly data collection from all program partners funded by the Ready by Five Early Childhood Millage, as well as serving as a resource for the First Steps Kent team.
Vision: Every young child in Kent County will enter kindergarten healthy and ready to succeed in school and in life.
Essential Responsibilities for First Steps Kent and Ready by Five Early Childhood Millage:
Works closely with the FSK team to support evaluative and data-focused projects.
- Pulls, filters, organizes, and reviews community-specific data from publicly available sources (i.e., U.S. Census database) related to early childhood.
- Develop written reports that compile data and identify relevant information within reports for internal use as well as partners and stakeholders.
- Interact professionally with partners and community stakeholders.
- Promote teamwork and ensure effective communication within the team.
- Meets deadlines.
- Documents processes.
- Any other duties and tasks that are required by the Company.
Essential Responsibilities for Ready by Five Early Childhood Millage:
- Responsible for learning and implementing all aspects of the Ready by Five data collection process to ensure service provider data reporting is complete and accurate.
- Support all program partners funded by Ready by Five millage with the monthly data entry process by answering technical questions and provide problem-solving technical consultation, as needed.
- Prepares monthly updates for team, leadership, and community stakeholders on Ready by Five programs and initiatives. Acquiring data from primary and secondary sources as needed.
- Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in data sets. Support implementation and oversee updating of trends performance management scorecard.
- Periodically reviews program compliance with reporting requirements, deliverables, subcontracts, and contractual scopes of work, as needed.
- Working with the First Steps Kent team to prioritize business and information needs. Coordinating with database development consultants to implement reporting capabilities. With the team, support developing and implementing of databases and data collection systems.
- Locating and defining new process improvement opportunities
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of data management experience.
- Exceptional computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Demonstrated experience with database development and evaluation procedures.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access, and Power BI.
- Demonstrated experience with data visualization is a plus.
- Knowledge/experience with collective impact or early childhood systems and programming within Kent County, MI is a plus.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong level of analytical ability, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, with the ability to effectively organize and maintain project plans.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and prioritize work appropriately.
- Accuracy: Achievement of correct and precise work.
- Oral Communication: Ability to actively engage in conversations to communicate with economy and clarity, clearly understand the message and intent and receive and process feedback.
- Written Communication: Ability to write letters, reports, articles, and e-mails using clear and concise vocabulary, style, grammar, and punctuation.
- Detail Oriented: Meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task and ensures accuracy in documentation and data.
- Diversity Oriented: Ability to support the company diversity goals by using ethnic, gender, religious, or socio-economic inclusiveness.
- A strong ethical principle, emphasizing integrity and confidentiality in all work.