Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Job Title
- Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Founded in 1985, The Right Place is West Michigan’s regional economic development organization. The Right Place serves both current and prospective West Michigan companies, connecting them to the resources they need to succeed. During this long history, the organization has assisted existing and new companies to create over 45,000 new jobs and over $5 billion in new investments.
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative and passionate Marketing and Communications Coordinator looking to take the next step in their career. As a Marketing Coordinator, you will create and implement marketing and digital communications for the organization. You will manage social media, website, email marketing, blogs, collaterals, and media announcements. In this role, you will have the ability to directly impact the community with your work.
What the position involves:
- Developing and executing marketing and communications initiatives including website, social media, email campaigns, videos, newsletter, press releases, and marketing materials.
- Growing and maintaining the organization’s blog and social media presence on various platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Building small-scale websites as needed using website builders and supporting the organization’s AdWords campaign.
- Monitoring analytics and understanding trends to improve the overall performance of these initiatives through data-driven analyses and reporting.
- Working collaboratively with key teams and vendors to produce marketing plans and in-depth digital content.
- Staying current with emerging marketing and communications trends and technologies and recommending changes and additions to existing initiatives based on this research.
What the role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, or other related fields.
- 1+ years of experience in marketing, communications, and/or digital marketing.
- Deep understanding of marketing and communications strategies and best practices. Experience in devising innovative and engaging campaigns that inspire action.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A self-starter with demonstrated ability to accept direction and work independently and pivot with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and activities with tight deadlines.
- A proactive team player, experienced in partnering, building consensus, and synthesizing feedback from cross-functional teams.
- High motivation and displaying initiative and sense of responsibility to deliver high-quality materials and results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong working knowledge or appetite to learn Adobe Suite, Google Ads, Google Analytics, SEO, Wix, Squarespace, WordPress, and Constant Contact.
Sounds like a perfect opportunity for you? Apply now!
We offer the opportunity to make a positive impact on the economic health of West Michigan and to collaborate with the best and brightest business minds. Learn more about us at www.rightplace.org.
The Right Place provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.