Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
- Job Title
- Nurse Practitioner
- Job ID
- Victorville, CA 92395
- Other Location
The Nurse Practitioner provides primary care in collaborative joint practice with the physicians to oncology patients, to improve outcomes for patients with cancer and their families.
- Establishes goals and objects for area in congruence with center’s goals and objectives.
- Ensures that development and intradepartmental policies, procedures, and standards of care are maintained.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care for individual patients.
- Care for patients in all phases of diagnosis and treatment.
- Initiates and documents appropriate interventions; prescribes drug therapies per protocol/physician consultation.
- Assists physicians and performs procedures as needed; conducts patient assessments and provides physician with information prior to seeing the patient.
- Collaborate closely with physicians and others involved with patient treatment to provide comprehensive individualized care during treatment journey.
- Provide expert nursing care to maximize health, enhance quality of life, and relieve suffering.
- Assesses patient / family needs and provides education.
- Promotes wellness and recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Actively assist and support patients throughout all aspects of their care and closely monitor patients for changes in health status.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with On-Call requirement one weekend per month.
- Responsible for making hospital rounds working rotating days with current provider during weekdays.
- Minimum of Masters of Science in Nursing
- Current RN license in the practicing state.
- Board certification as Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission (ANCC) on Accreditation, or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
- Have and maintained an advanced program of study in a specialty area in an accredited nursing program and has taken and passed a national certification examination in the same area and has been granted recognition by the board to practice as an APRN.
- Minimum of one year practicing as a Nurse Practitioner within the past 2 years
- Eligible for hospital privileges.
- Recognition as an advanced practitioner of nursing in practicing state.
- Documentation of completion of a minimum of two semester credit hours, three quarter credit hours, or 30 contact hours of course work approved by the board of pharmacology and clinical management of drug therapy or pharmacotherapeutics within the past five years.
- Documentation of completion of 400 hours of advanced nursing practice in recognized areas of specialty within the past two years.
- Compliance with the standards of nursing practice, the rules and regulations, and the act.
- A written plan of practice and collaboration.
- Prior oncology experience.
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.