Member Services Manager
- Job Title
- Member Services Manager
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63141
- Other Location
- 2 days Remote and 3 days in the office
Member Services Manager
The American Soybean Association (ASA) is the national trade organization that advocates on behalf of U.S. soybean farmers on domestic and international trade issues. It is the collective voice of 500,000 producers in 30 soybean-producing states represented through 26 state affiliates. ASA is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, and its Government Affairs team is based in Washington, D.C.
A primary focus for ASA is policy development and implementation, including adoption of policy goals at an annual meeting of ASA’s voting delegates. We carry out these goals through advocacy efforts before Congress and Executive Branch agencies, activating support at the grassroots level, and in contacts with the media. We are the only national policy organization advocating only for soy and have a 100-year track record and reputation for effectiveness.
About the Position:
As the Member Services Manager, you will be responsible for analyzing, implementing, and maintaining the company association management system, including managing a central membership database system incorporating data from several state affiliates. You will be expected to provide all aspects of database support for ASA and those state affiliates who do not maintain their own database systems, managing the iMIS (ASA) and SAMMS (customized state) systems. You will also help with design and coordination of the ASA booth at the annual Commodity Classic trade show and assist with other projects as needed. This position is based in the St. Louis office.
About the Ideal Candidate:
You must be proficient in technical skills, including managing a database system (iMIS) and working successfully with various other platforms (e.g., Swoogo, Wufoo, Higher Logic/Informz, WordPress). You must also have strong communications skills, including a general grasp of writing, grammar, and punctuation rules. Attention to detail is a must, as much of what goes into ASA’s database, website, etc., must be entered manually. You should have excellent organizational skills and experience showcasing ability to handle multiple projects.
While the Member Services Manager role on the communications team is slightly different than that of other comm’s roles, it is essential that you be a team player and ideally, be able to contribute ideas and/or suggest efficiencies to improve the department’s work output, visibility, and performance.
- Reviews, evaluates, implements, and maintains the company association management system/database, incorporating all state membership databases.
- Develops, implements, administers, and maintains policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company and state databases.
- Implements data models, database designs, data access, and table maintenance codes.
- Resolves database performance and capacity issues; resolves database replication and other distributed data issues.
- Collaborates with vendors related to technical support, server hosting, service providers, and payment services.
- Maintains comprehensive membership processing and generates, analyzes, and distributes monthly and requested reports. This includes monthly membership invoicing and member welcome letters with ASA membership card.
- Supports ASA staff with setting up events and registration/nomination forms in Wufoo system and then embedding them into soygrowers.com WordPress website.
- Supports ASA staff with general updates to content on soygrowers.com WordPress website.
- Sets up and manages emails and target groups in Higher Logic/Informz.
- Supports ASA staff with mass email campaigns delivered by Higher Logic/Informz.
- Regularly checks the email@example.com email, directing PayPal confirmations, membership and event emails, general inquiries, and all other emails to appropriate staff.
- Inputs new memberships/membership renewals into iMIS.
- Updates state staff, committees, BOD, Advocacy Teams, and media in iMIS.
- Manages association benefits in system: Operates and maintains e-commerce site for member reward programs and interface programs as needed with other membership/recruiter databases.
- Member Automobile Benefits
- Cabela’s Gift Cards
- Commodity Classic Discount
- Provides overall training for state staff in use of the State Association Membership and Management (SAMMS) customized database system. Conducts day-to-day technical support for state staff and other database assistance as needed.
- Conducts data analysis for ASA staff for membership/market development and various company projects and programs. Provides general and targeted mailing lists for activities, projects, and programs.
- Reconciles payment of membership dues and other monies processed through the association management system (iMIS), ensures accuracy of dues billed and received, and provides accounting department with monthly journal entries to reconcile state/national membership records.
- Trains and assists ASA staff in use of the company’s association management system as needed.
- Assists with design and coordination of the ASA booth at the annual Commodity Classic trade show.
- Keeps up on association activities and general ag issues to interact with members as needed.
- Attends conferences, seminars, workshops, and classes (in person, online, or by teleconference) related to improving job performance, efficiency of processes and pertinent database/software information.
- Supports database needs for other company programs as needed.
- Manages special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- A degree in information technology or business-related field.
- Minimum 3-4 years job-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- As a member of the ASA communications department, must be proficient in writing, grammar, punctuation, and other communications skills with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Access, Excel, Word. Familiarity with graphics and website software.
- Knowledge of HTML, PHP, ASPX, SQL and database management systems.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, trends, practices, and procedures of membership databases.
ASA offers a competitive annual salary based on experience, in addition to:
- Paid time off
- Medical benefits, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with employer match
- Supportive and engaging work environment
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.