Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Resident Engineer/Sr. Construction Inspector
- Job Title
- Resident Engineer/Sr. Construction Inspector
- Job ID
- Middletown, CT 06457
- Other Location
Position: Resident Engineer/Senior Construction Inspector (Construction Manager, Field Services)
Industry: Construction, Field Services, Engineering
Location: Middletown, CT
The Resident Engineer/Senior Construction Inspector observes construction of various projects, including the following:
• Municipal water and wastewater vertical projects involving new treatment plant construction and rehabilitation construction.
• Municipal roadway projects, involving roadway pavement realignment, regrading and rehabilitation, sidewalks and wheelchair ramps complying to ADA requirements, drainage upgraded and minor utility coordination (water services, gas services, etc..)
In addition, the Resident Engineer/Senior Construction Inspector oversees traffic signal construction (mast arm foundations, traffic signal conduit, traffic loop layout verification, etc..) and monitors and reports the contractor's adherence to standards, specifications, and design drawings and permits. This position reports to the Project Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Work independently under broad, general supervision and in conjunction with the Project Manager
• Review contract documents, submittals, RFIs, and other project documentation and provide comments, coordinate review, and record as necessary
• Oversee construction activities ensuring compliance with the contract and site procedures, track activities to review payments, prepare progress reports
• Monitor that construction complies with approved current standards and specifications;
• Perform highly responsible functions requiring the exercise of independent judgment and technical knowledge.
• Observe and photograph construction work in progress;
• Note and report improprieties and deficiencies;
• Maintain field log of daily events;
• Track and quantify items of construction daily;
• Conduct meetings and prepare minutes
• Monitor project schedule
• Write and issue field orders, initiate change proposals for design team review and approval, estimate cost of changes, negotiate costs with contractors, and recommend acceptance to the Project Manager
• Supervise and direct the activities of Construction Inspectors, testing services and subconsultants as needed
• Formulate written progress reports;
• Observe and record material and equipment tests and equipment startup; and
• Review and provide recommendations for submittals, pay estimates for contractors, proposed change orders, and documentation for funding and regulatory agencies.
This is a contract employment position.
• Post high school education required.
• At least seven years of experience in construction inspection for consulting engineers, or municipalities.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering desirable.
• Knowledge of engineering plans, specifications, practices and methods.
• Knowledge of Massachusetts publicly bid construction laws including Massachusetts Public Bidding Laws Chapter 149.
• Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications;
• Experience monitoring the work of multiple subcontractors
• Demonstrated ability to communicate both orally and in writing with contractors, engineers, municipal staff and general public.
• Knowledge of construction standards, inspection methods and techniques.
• Self-confident with the ability to communicate effectively with project managers, client staff and contractor's superintendent.
• Excellent written communication skills,
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft applications and Critical Path Method scheduling.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid driver's license required.
• OSHA 10-hour Construction Certification required.
• 40-Hour Training in specialty trades preferred.
• Confined Space Certificate preferred.
Interested? Apply today.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.