Communications Specialist (NYC).545
- Job Title
- Communications Specialist (NYC).545
A high-stakes, cutting-edge litigation practice located in New York City seeks a Communications Specialist to the Managing Partner. The base salary is $68K-$95K.
The Communications Specialist will have a unique insight into running this fast-growing firm, and will be able to contribute to a diverse range of internal- and external-facing functions, with significant room to take initiative and play an impactful role in continuing to build upon the firm's successes. Duties include the following:
- Research and prepare talking points, speech drafts, correspondence, presentations, and other materials and communications on a variety of matters—including those of a sensitive or confidential nature—for key internal and external audiences.
- Provide analytical and specialized administrative support to the Managing Partner.
- Organize and prioritize critical issues and required information for Managing Partner to facilitate efficient decision making.
- Serve as a point of contact for various stakeholders (including associates) and develop action plans to address inquiries from same.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the Managing Partner and take accurate notes.
- Manage internal and external special projects on behalf of and as directed by the Managing Partner.
- Oversee Managing Partner’s schedule, scheduling meetings and coordinating travel.
- Display a willingness to take innovative approaches to advanced executive support.
The successful candidate will have a combination of employment, educational, and life experience that demonstrates the qualities and skills below:
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree required and at least 3 years of relevant experience working in a similar role preferred. Role requires excellent writing, research, analytic, and problem-solving skills, as well as advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Clear Communication and Attention to Detail: You express yourself clearly and concisely, always highlighting the most important information. You proactively communicate the status of your work and share updates with colleagues when necessary. You ensure that your work is mistake-free.
- Ownership, Initiative, and Teamwork: You take ownership of your projects and follow through on their completion. You proactively anticipate, communicate, and work to independently resolve obstacles you encounter in your work. You possess a strong customer-service orientation and ability to work well within a team.
- Organization and Project Management: You are comfortable balancing tasks of varying levels of urgency and complexity. You work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Flexibility: You are flexible to be available after hours to assist when needed. You are comfortable in an environment where your responsibilities may vary from day to day. You demonstrate a “no job too big, no job too small” attitude, and take a collaborative, team-focused approach to rejuggling priorities and contributing to tasks across the Firm.
- Confidentiality: You must be able to adhere to firm policies regarding the protection of confidential data and demonstrate sensitivity to (and good judgment in connection with) confidential attorney, personnel, and Firm matters.
- Mission Orientation: You are enthusiastic and passionate about our commitment to civil rights and public interest law. You thrive when your work is connected to purpose.
Frink-Hamlett Legal Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.