Senior Vice President, Business Development
- Job Title
- Senior Vice President, Business Development
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Are you passionate about making a difference in West Michigan? Would you like the ability to directly impact the community with your work? Are you ready to reach further?
We have a challenging yet exciting opportunity for a driven Senior Vice President of Business Development. You will market the West Michigan region globally and position and strengthen it as a destination for companies focused on health science, technology, service export, and advanced manufacturing.
You are excited about this role because:
- You will develop and implement a strategic business plan that results in attraction, retention, and expansion of businesses in West Michigan.
- Working closely with the Vice President of Manufacturing Services, you will create and manage technically focused programs and services to support manufacturing efforts, increasing operational productivity and profitability.
- You will lead the Business Development and MMTC-West teams, oversee their retention and expansion activities, and conduct business retention visits with area executives.
- You will cultivate and maintain relationships with lead generators that have access to referrals in the United States and foreign countries and be the recognized point of contact in the region for corporate real estate executives and site location consultants.
- You will identify and participate in investment trips, trade shows, targeted area calls, conferences, and other events that focus on business expansion strategies and global and national client attraction.
- You will form partnerships, assume leadership roles in industry associations, serve as an economic development thought leader, and represent the organization in community functions.
We are excited about you because:
- You hold a bachelor’s degree or appropriate industry certifications.
- You have 5+ years of experience in economic development, business development, marketing, sales, or other relevant areas and have a thorough understanding of business environments in global markets.
- With your clear and effective communication, you build relationships with staff, investors, and prospects, inspiring trust and credibility. You are confident in presenting to cross-functional stakeholders.
- You have a track record of developing and engaging high-performing teams and a strong personal and team-based accountability for achieving targets and exceeding goals.
- You have proven success in managing multiple projects even with repeated interruptions and changing priorities.
If you strive for excellence and are eager to contribute positive changes to West Michigan with your incredible work, apply now and join our team!
Founded in 1985, The Right Place, Inc. (RPI) is West Michigan’s regional economic development organization. RPI serves both current and prospective West Michigan companies, connecting them to the resources they need to succeed. During this long history, the organization has assisted existing and new companies to create over 45,000 new jobs and over $5 billion in new investments.
We offer the opportunity to make a positive impact on the economic health of West Michigan and to collaborate with the best and brightest business minds. Learn more about us at https://www.rightplace.org.
RPI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.