We are looking for ambitious individuals to join our global team. We pride ourselves on working collaboratively, creating opportunities for one another to grow professionally and personally, and putting the client first. Our teams are motivated by challenge and eager to craft the future of Dentons Global Advisors.
Recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset, we offer robust total rewards packages, including competitive compensation, comprehensive health and wellness benefits, and professional development opportunities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our team’s diverse experiences, talents, and perspectives are vital to providing distinctive and sophisticated client service. We are committed to equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of our recruitment and hiring activities without regard for race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status covered by appropriate law.
We appreciate your interest in joining Dentons Global Advisors and invite you to apply online today or share your resume at email@example.com.
Director, ESG Communications
- Job Title
- Director, ESG Communications
- Job ID
- Other Location
Position Overview: Director, ESG Communications
Directors are the backbone of our teams, leading the development and implementation of our client strategies on a day-to-day basis and managing junior team members. Directors have the opportunity to build their capabilities as strategic advisors working collaboratively with a group of experts within a flat organizational structure and across a number of high-stakes, event-driven projects. Directors with expertise in ESG corporate and financial communications are excellent project managers, skilled writers, and have experience overseeing research, content development and new business, engaging directly with our clients’ core stakeholder groups. Directors help Dentons Global Advisors (DGA) develop our approach, whilst working on critical, global issues for our clients.
In this role, you will:
- Provide critical insight and expertise on ESG strategic communications and work across the whole agency to ensure we are building a truly integrated firm.
- Advise companies across different industries on high-stakes, event-driven financial and corporate positioning matters including but not limited to, crisis communications, litigation communications, transaction advisory, restructuring and leadership transitions
- Turn ‘big picture’ strategies for managing complex engagements into actionable communications plans
- Serve as a primary day-to-day client contact on sensitive matters
- Serve as a primary project manager and oversee junior team’s work product on simultaneous engagements that are complex and multijurisdictional
- Work as part of a team to engage directly with external stakeholder audiences, including the media
- Work to minimize and/or prevent negative exposure for our clients with the aim of protecting their reputation, enterprise value and permission to operate
- Run firm development initiatives
- Mentor and manage junior team members’ career development
- Help lead, maintain and grow new client relationships
- Promote a culture of collaboration
- Be intellectually curious, eager to learn from coworkers and excited to teach new skills to the team
- Have a team-first mindset, always looking for ways to improve your coworkers’ lives, including managing client requests in an efficient manner that enables your teams to succeed inside and outside of work
- Drive diversity, equity and inclusion by actively creating a supportive and engaging work environment for the team
- Provide feedback to junior team members’ work product in a manner that builds their skills and motivates them
- Be a problem solver who is comfortable operating independently and seeking counsel at the appropriate time
- Consistently display excellent project management and organizational skills
- Manage the delivery of large suites of documentation, being accountable for consistency and quality of other team members’ work
- Display an understanding of financial markets and the ability to oversee development of client-ready research Be comfortable in a start-up environment
- Understand confidentiality and act with integrity at all times
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent working experience equal to 3+ years in a relevant role
- 6+ years of experience in an ESG related strategic communications role, from an agency, investment institution, or in-house, or the capabilities of someone of that level of experience
- Strong working knowledge of ESG themes and emerging trends, with an entrepreneurial mindset to developing new ways of working
- Experience managing research projects and using digital analytical tools, as well as working closely with a range of specialist partners to deliver work on time and on budget
- Significant experience across ESG communications, identifying opportunities for earned, owned and paid media.
- Experience being part of a team that counsels senior management teams and engages with lawyers on the communications process
- Highly collaborative working style
Please note: Applicants must include a cover letter along with their resume.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Dentons Global Advisors is committed to equal opportunity in recruitment and employment practices and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. No job applicant or employee receives unfavourable treatment on the grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, or any other status protected by law.