Employment Counsel (Temporary/Remote).870
- Job Title
- Employment Counsel (Temporary/Remote).870
Global consumer products corporation seeks an Employment Counsel (Temporary) from April to early fall 2022. The position may be fully remote and the hourly rate is between $80K-$90K.
Primary Duties:As a member of the legal department, the Employment Counsel will advise internal Human Resources clients and management on all facets of employment law. Duties will include drafting position papers, responding to administrative agencies, advising on HR policies and procedures, and handling litigation. Additional include the following:
- Provide advise and support on employment law matters to internal business and HR-partnering with HR Business Partners to work through difficult employee relations matters.
- Counsel HR and business clients on performance improvement plans, terminations and other employment actions.
- Set legal strategies with HR and work collaboratively with business stakeholders to oversee outside counsel on lawsuits and other relevant matters.
- Prepare responses to administrative agency charges.
- Consider and resolve issues to manufacturing sites, labor unions and works councils.
- Draft and negotiate employment related agreements and policies in collaboration with HR.
- Advise on issues related to non-compete agreements and other restrictive covenants.
- Provide legal advice on employment law matters outside the US, China, Japan and European countries.
- Advise and establish strategies for preventative measures.
- Advise HR and management on new employment laws and best practices.
- Investigative and respond to demand letters and other employment-related complaints.
- Collaborate with Compliance in connection with investigations of employment-related compliance matters.
- Provide advice on employment law matters arising in benefits matters, corporate transactions and reorganizations.
- Conduct relevant employee training.
- Exceptional communication skills, including presentation capabilities, interpersonal skills and conflict resolution.
- Admission to practice law in a US Jurisdiction.
- Experience providing advice and counsel on a global basis on workplace law issues, including employee relations, compensation, mitigation of risk, accommodations, and employment-related policies.
- Excellent negotiation skills
Frink-Hamlett Legal Solutions is and equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.