Dental Practice Manager
- Job Title
- Dental Practice Manager
- Job ID
- CONROE, TX 77304
- Other Location
The Dental Practice Manager is responsible for the oversight and leadership in developing and directing the daily operations of the dental clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a resource for the dental staff regarding daily operations, patient experience, and staff engagement to ensure the highest quality of care.
- Works collaboratively with dental provider team and administrative staff.
- Coordinates and manages all dental staff activity including the implementation and monitoring of dental and administrative policies and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, assists in hiring, and directs the onboarding and training of all non-provider dental staff to meet the needs and priorities of the organization and department.
- Manages, monitors, and documents the performance management/appraisal process for staff by establishing work standards and expectations and by providing feedback regularly.
- Mentors, coaches, and develops staff to accomplish goals; takes responsibility for identifying developmental needs and creating action plans to enhance growth and development of the team.
- Oversees dental staff schedule to ensure full coverage and coordination with provider schedules.
- Manages time and attendance for all dental staff and works collaboratively with the dental provider team on all requests for time off.
- Interfaces with patients, providers, and staff to resolve patient satisfaction issues.
- Is the first line contact for providers and staff needing information or support regarding daily clinical operations of the practice.
- Ensures compliance with safety and infection control procedures to provide a safe and clean environment in accordance with OSHA, state, and federal regulations.
- Schedules and documents ongoing maintenance of all radiological equipment to ensure compliance with radiation safety regulations.
- Assists in developing and monitoring the dental clinic budget and generates operational, clinical, or financial reports as needed.
- Demonstrates proficiency in information technology, the Practice Management system (patient registration, insurance eligibility verification, and scheduling), and the Electronic Dental Record (EDR).
- Replaces failing and outdated equipment and ensures that the practice has adequate amounts of supplies on hand.
- Analyzes daily workflow of dental staff; recommends and implements changes as necessary in partnership with dentists and the leadership team.
- Plans, directs, and maintains up-to-date files and procedures regarding insurance verification/eligibility, appointment scheduling, check-in/check-out, and treatment planning operations to ensure maximized productivity, efficiency, and patient collections.
- Coordinates with central billing office on revenue cycle to ensure strong KPIs around timely third-party claim submission, claim denials, payments, and accounts receivable.
- Manages specialist referral and correspondence process.
- Participates in community wide health promotion and education activities.
- Ensures patient records/information are securely stored, held confidential and are in compliance with privacy and security regulations.
- Participates and works with other managers and departments to develop good working relationships and processes throughout the health center.
Bachelor's Degree in Business or other relevant field from four-year college or university preferred.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in dental office management required.
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) experience preferred.