Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
Junior Business Analyst
- Job Title
- Junior Business Analyst
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37205
- Other Location
The Junior Business Analyst supports Revenue Cycle Leadership (RCL) by providing daily and ad-hoc report extracts and analysis of data pertinent to identifying gaps in processes that negatively impact revenue and the overall cost of doing business. This position handles select routine and ad-hoc report requests from RCL in an efficient and accurate manner. The Junior Business Analyst provides analysis regarding charges, collections, coding, and helps identify trends and researches issues related to coding, reimbursement, billing, contracting and overall process.
- Extracts data from pertinent systems based on various business needs and formatting the data in a meaningful and useful format, ensuring that data is credible and reflective of the specific request.
- Analyzes data from multiple sources and outline conclusions and recommendations for changes in process or opportunities to improve performance in terms of revenue cycle or operational tasks.
- Handles assigned revenue cycle reports that are produced and trended on a periodic basis that assist RCL to maintain a pulse on the current state of operations. Summarizes data as needed to provide context to the results.
- Collaborates with RCL to develop dashboards that provide daily/weekly/monthly snapshots of key performance indicators (KPIs) for each Revenue Cycle Department to ensure timely action can be taken (mitigate issues, reallocate resources).
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders, is an expert in multiple data sources, and creates/implements innovative and sustainable solutions for the measurement of Revenue Cycle processes.
- Participates in Process Improvement initiatives and makes recommendations to gain efficiencies in Community Health Quality.
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities.
- Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive).
- Elicit and clearly document business and systems requirements.
- Assess business process and system inefficiencies.
- Demonstrated fluency in business processes and process differentiation.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize business requirements, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes.
- Serve as a liaison between Operations and IT to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement and implementations.
- Support system conversions, upgrades, enhancements
- Performs other related job duties as assigned
- Experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business
- Strong project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills & communication skills
- Understanding of Indices, fundamentals and analytical data, returns level data etc.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in Revenue Cycle Management
- Extensive Working knowledge of Outlook programs, Access, Excel, Outlook, and Word
- College degree preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Familiar with Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology, Urology, PET/CT billing practices
- Knowledge of Centricity
Ability to work in a team environment and be able to multi task. Strong Business and Organizational Competence. Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Strong functional Competence. Interpersonal Skill Competency. Stress Tolerance. Initiative. Adaptability. Accountability. Integrity. Self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking. Ability to maintain a professional, polished image. Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
Physical Demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying twenty five pounds maximum, seeing, speaking and hearing. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Work environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.