- Job Title
- Cost Estimator
- Job ID
- Other Location
Come join our diverse and innovative team! We have an immediate need for a Construction Cost Estimator!
The position functions as the lead Construction Estimator supporting an inhouse General Contracting construction team. This position will provide a full range of estimating services associated with the bidding and proposal development for general construction. This position should be knowledgeable in all building disciplines, including but not limited to architectural, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, controls, fire protection, telecommunications environmental services. This position needs to have the ability to estimate both design build and bid build projects.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Vacation and Health benefit package
- 401k matching program
- Long and Short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
• Degree in a related construction field is preferred but not required
• Minimum of seven years of experience in cost estimating on commercial or industrial type environments. Federal experience preferred.
• Experience working on projects in excess of 10 million dollars preferred.
• Advanced understanding of all phases of design, including programming, space planning, concept design development, sustainable design, design analyses, compliance with codes and standards, construction drawings and specifications.
• Knowledge of budgeting, planning, and project cost management techniques.
• Experience in coordinating architectural design with the engineering disciplines for Design-Bid-Build (DBB) and Design-Build (DB) projects to ensure overall compatibility and efficiency of the site and building design.
• Analysis of designs, drawings, proposals, scopes of work, and/or specifications to determine cost projections; and developing comprehensive budget cost estimates for complex construction assemblies and building systems composites for all facility project types.
• Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) is preferred
• Experience with BIM, Revit, CostWorks, and Success Estimator is highly preferred.