- Job Title
- Commercial Estimator
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN
- Other Location
At SOS Construction Services, we are leaders in the construction industry and provide retailers with a variety of design, construction, and project management services. Our innovative and collaborative approach to construction gives our clients the services they need.
We are currently looking for a Commercial Estimator to join our team. We need someone who is deadline driven to oversee projects and to act as a link between various team members. We value passionate, down to earth “can do” people who enjoy fine-tuning small details without losing sight of the big picture.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package including; health, dental, vision, 401K, & PTO
- Great family culture atmosphere
What you will be doing:
- Prepares accurate estimates for material, labor, equipment, subcontracts, and construction facilities
- Fosters relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Attends on-site, pre-bid/proposal conferences and makes site visits
- Develops and reviews subcontractor’s scopes of work and bid packages and accepts, reviews, and analyzes subcontractor quotes for best value
- Ensures compliance with all specifications, contract requirements, and bid invitations
- Presents cost estimates for customer proposals, considering general and special conditions.
- Prepares scope specifications and requirements, prepares and inputs project schedules, performs quantity take-offs, prepares cost summary sheets, and inputs quantities into estimating spreadsheets
- Maintains an accurate, current database of cost does and accounts for historical data
- Communicates effectively with subcontractors and vendors during the estimating process
- Transmits addenda and other bid information to subcontractors
- Ensures the proper scope of work from subcontractors on bid day
- Develops RFI’s and clarifications and ensures adequate subcontractor scop and bid submissions
- Accurately assigns subcontractors to the size and scope of each bid project
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field
- Minimum 5 years of related estimating experience
- Advanced knowledge in CAD/Revit and Bluebeam
- Ability to see the big picture while having a high attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Cooperative work style that functions well in team settings but is also self-sufficient with individual projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs.