Part-time Facilities Coordinator
- Job Title
- Part-time Facilities Coordinator
- Job ID
- Part Time
- Philadelphia, PA 19140
- Other Location
Who We Are:
Through strong partnerships with a shared vision and mutual accountability, North10, Philadelphia works to improve the life outcomes for community members in Hunting Park-East Tioga by facilitating economic growth, increasing housing options, enhancing learning opportunities, and promoting physical and emotional wellness in order for current residents and future generations to live happy, healthy, and civically engaged lives.
Since 2007, the Lenfest Center has provided youth of the Hunting Park-East Tioga sections of North Philadelphia with a welcoming, safe, and enriching refuge from systemic neighborhood violence, poverty, and a myriad of other trauma-inducing challenges. In 2018, North10, Philadelphia was formed as the parent organization, with the Center as the cornerstone of innovative and inclusive efforts to revitalize this neighborhood. North10’s goal is community development without displacement: to improve the neighborhood with the people of this neighborhood.
What You’ll Do:
As the Facilities Coordinator, you will report to and be evaluated by the Facilities Manager and will successfully perform the following:
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms
- Clean, mop, wash, buff, and vacuum floors
- Perform daily collection and emptying of trash
- Perform daily cleaning and stocking of bathrooms, locker rooms, kitchens, classrooms and meeting rooms, offices, lobby, and gymnasium
- Clean windows
- Dust and vacuum furniture
- Clean and polish fixtures
- Remove recycling materials
- Maintain outside walk areas, including sweeping debris and washing walkways
- Maintain landscape - water, cut and trim shrubs and grass
- Perform daily cleaning and monitoring of parking lot, courtyard, and sidewalk, including snow removal
- Perform regular cleaning and maintenance of windows, doors and floors
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalency; additional qualification as a Facility Manager preferred
- Candidate must be at least 21 years of age
- Minimum of 6 months in the same or similar role
- Ability to follow directions, accurately report actions, and communicate in real time
- Teachable, dedicated, organized, customer focused
- Proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
- Spanish language fluency preferred
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
This is a part-time position, and hours of work need to be flexible, mostly afternoon/evening, Monday-Friday, and daytime on Saturday, with Summer hours being different than Fall-Spring. Employee must work between 25-30 hours each week to maintain part-time status. The position requires overnight on-call duty and the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the organization. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.