Desktop Support Technician
- Job Title
- Desktop Support Technician
- Job ID
- Hill AFB, UT 84056
- Other Location
Desktop Support Technician
Hill AFB, UT 84056@Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has been an opening to support our large Federal Systems Integration firm for Desktop support Technician in Hill AFB, UT. This is an exciting opportunity to support one of the largest defense contractors that have over $22.59 billion dollars in revenue and are a publicly-traded company. The company works in a fast-paced environment with over 84, 000 employees worldwide. The initial contract duration will be 6 months with eligibility for FTE after successful completion of 6 months
- Provide desktop/laptop and some server, IT support for the customer; some of the job requirements as listed
- Supports computer users with the installation of hardware/software and networking components to meet personal computer needs
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with individual or multiple computer systems in order to maintain proper functioning
- Resolves issues including contacting and assisting vendors Researches, analyzes, and provides hardware/software recommendations, ordering information, and other purchasing information to users to assist in purchasing necessary equipment
- Diagnoses and resolves complex end-user hardware/software problems including network, desktop, printer, remote access software, VoIP, mobile devices, MS Office, MS OS (Win XP, Vista, Win 7, WIN 10), etc.
- Performs new computer configuration and coordinates the workstation upgrade/replacement process
- Participates in the deployment of new software platforms
- Track user requests for equipment, information, and problem reporting by opening cases and keeping case histories current and complete
- Verify with the customer that the problem has been resolved and close the case.
Skills and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma with at least 5 years of related experience
- Experience with McAfee, MS OS; MS XP, Win 7, Win 10 MS Office Suite, MS Server 2003/2008
- Candidate must work well in a team environment · Have excellent communication skills
- The applicant must be self-motivated.
- Have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware, software, and terminology
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems and local area networks
- Excellent computer skills & organizational skills
Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.