Lumbee Tribe Holdings, Inc. (LTH) is a wholly owned and operated by the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina. Headquartered in Pembroke, NC in the heart of the Lumbee Territory, LTH serves as a holding company with multiple subsidiaries that service diverse federal agencies. The current subsidiaries include:
Lumbee Tribe Enterprises, LLC (All Other Support Services NAICS: 561990; DUNS #968936380; SBA 8(a) firm)
Lumbee IT Solutions, LLC (Engineering Services, NAICS: 541330; DUNS #117549596; SBA 8(a) firm)
Lumbee 56 Construction, LLC (Commercial and Institutional Building Construction, NAICS: 236220; DUNS #117549603)
LTH exists to provide economic resources to the Lumbee Tribal Government for delivery to our Tribal Members. All employees of LTH and its subsidiaries are committed to providing world class service to its customers and partners while striving for excellence.
Lumbee Tribe Holdings, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal employment opportunity to employees and applicants for employment and will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, military veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, genetic information, or mental or physical disability (and medical condition, for employees in California).
Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer (LTH)
- Job Title
- Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer (LTH)
- Job ID
- Pembroke, NC 28372
- Other Location
The Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer is responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of the corporation, to include leadership and coordination of the administrative, business planning, accounting, and budgeting efforts of the corporation. Creates, coordinates, and evaluates the financial programs and systems for financial reporting as well as the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports. This position requires a dynamic leader with a strong work ethic that is committed to continuously improving processes, identifying opportunities for efficiency, and establishing a standard of excellence for all to follow, all while maintaining the highest level of efficiency.
• Directs the preparation of all monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
• Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
• Reviews planning process and makes improvements to current methods.
• Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of refocus and/or reorganization.
• Works with the executive leadership team and board of directors to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
• Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
• Identifies opportunities for expansion into new service areas.
• Responsibility for advising executive team concerning compliance matters related to applicable financial regulatory requirements.
• Oversees Accounting department, budget preparation, and audit functions.
• Coordinates with leaders across the organization to ensure strategic financial objectives are achieved.
• Develops and implements matrixed/shared services business model across the LTH enterprise.
• Ensure enterprise accounting system and procedures are compliant with all governmental agency audit requirements, including DCAA, DCMA, etc.
• Coordinate efforts with outside professional firms to comply with international financial reporting, accounting regulations, and tax filing requirements.
• Work closely with and lead a team of accounting professionals at various levels of the enterprise group towards the common goal of financial reporting at an enterprise level.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s in business administration, Accounting, or Finance preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in financial management required.
• Demonstrated professional work history substantiating excellence in management and supervisory skills.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills required.
• Proficient in database and cost-accounting computer application systems required.
• 3-5 years of experience with Deltek/CostPoint desired.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Thorough understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and application to government service contractors.
• Thorough understanding of Defense Contract Management Agency and DCAA audit process.
• Experience with international contracts preferred.
• Ability to speak on and present various financial reports/analyses, as well as field questions in a public forum required.
LTH President and CEO.
Security Clearance Requirements
This position requires obtaining and maintaining a TOP SECRET security clearance.
Travel is anticipated to be approximately 25% within the Continental United States and Outside the Continental United States. A partial telework option may be considered.
How To Express Interest
Interested candidates must submit (PDF only): a cover letter, detailed résumé, and list of five (5) references with contact information. Individuals who apply before June 14, 2022, will receive first consideration.
Documents are to be submitted to: email@example.com
Questions can be submitted to LTH President and CEO Joshua D. Malcolm at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910.734.2986.
Benefits & Compensation
New employees are eligible to participate in the company’s benefits plan on their day of hire unless noted otherwise.
- Medical Insurance – 60% Employer Paid
- Vision & Dental Insurance, Long Term & Short-Term Disability, Group Life and AD&D Insurance – 100% Employer Paid
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) Savings Plan – 100% match for the first 3% contributed; 50% match up to 5% contributed (no vesting period) *Eligibility is the first of the month after your date of hire
- Paid holidays - Ten (10) per year
- Paid Time Off - One hundred-twenty (120) accrued hours per year
- Professional Development Program
- Salary will be determined based on the individual’s education and experience level
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status