- Job Title
- Wiring Technician
- Job ID
- Troy, MI 48083
- Other Location
Come join our diverse and innovative EMD team! UBT was recently voted as the TOP place to work by the Detroit Free Press! We have an immediate need for a Wiring Technician!The Wiring Technician will be responsible for building wire harnesses and panel wiring of assemblies. This includes but is not limited to wire routing, shielding, heat shrinking, taping, connector and back shell assembly, banding, and splicing. Soldering of wire and cable assemblies as required including solder cup termination, shield/braid splicing, termination to PCB assemblies and turrets/terminals.
· 2+ Years experience in wire harness / panel assembly / Electronic Manufacturing environment
· Knowledge of automated wire processing, printing, and termination equipment
· The ability to read and interpret assembly drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, technical instructions, Bills of Material and Quality standards.
· Experience utilizing small hand tools and soldering equipment.
· Knowledge of Electronic Components, Mechanical Components, and PCBs
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Vacation and Health benefit package
- 401K matching program
- Long- and Short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Troy, MI 48083: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
- Required Skills
• 5+ Years experience in wire harness / panel assembly / Electronic Manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of proper wiring techniques for high-speed data busses such as Ethernet and CAN.
• Knowledge of automated wire processing, printing, and termination equipment
• Working knowledge and certification of IPC-WHMA-A-620, IPC-A610, and /or J-STD-001
• Experience manufacturing cables for Military / Aerospace industry
• Familiarity with ISO and AS quality standards
• The ability to read and interpret assembly drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, technical instructions, Bills of Material and Quality standards.
• Experience utilizing small hand tools and soldering equipment.
• Ability to work accurately and quickly under operational deadlines.
• 20/20 vision (corrected acceptable) Ability to see small features, distinguish colors.
• Knowledge of Electronic Components, Mechanical Components, and PCBs
• General computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet-Based Purchasing.