Lending and Outreach Officer
- Job Title
- Lending and Outreach Officer
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Dorchester, MA 02125
- Other Location
The Organization and its Programs
DBEDC acts to build a strong, thriving and diverse community in Boston’s Dorchester neighborhoods. We develop, preserve and sustain affordable housing for rent and for ownership. We create commercial and economic development opportunities. We build community through community organizing and civic engagement activities. We are focused on the concepts of equitable development without displacement and providing opportunities for economic mobility.
Since our founding in 1979, DBEDC has developed and preserved over 1100 units of rental and homeownership housing and 200,000 square feet of commercial space. We have created around 1,000 jobs and involved more than 1,500 young people in after school leadership development and organizing activities. We are one of Boston’s oldest and most established community development organizations with an annual operating budget of almost $5 million, a staff of just under 30, and $44 million in assets.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Small Business, the entrepreneurial Lending and Outreach Officer will engage in business development efforts aimed at growing our loan portfolio and work on reaching underserved corners of Boston’s credit markets is central to the role. The Lending and Outreach Officer will promote Dorchester Bay’s products and services, cultivate relationships to generate leads, and provide a first-rate client experience including intake, loan packaging, performing financial analyses and providing credit recommendations based on Dorchester Bay’s underwriting criteria, presenting a final recommendation to the CEO and Loan Committee, and supporting clients through closing.
What you can expect to do in the role:
Qualifications – You’ll do well in this role if you:
It would be additionally phenomenal if you:
- Verbal and written fluency in Cape Verdean Kriolu, Haitian Creole, Spanish, or Vietnamese is highly desired
- Experience in mission-oriented or social impact lending financial analysis, deal structuring, and relationship and loan processing management are desirable.
- Experience with the CDFI industry highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Boston’s small business ecosystem is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of digital communication and social media tools a plus.
Total Compensation and Culture:
DBEDC’s total compensation package features an amazing set of benefits which we considered towards the overall compensation, including:
- Pay Range
- $70,000.00 Annually to $80,000.00 Annually