Assistant Director of Development - Fundraising
- Job Title
- Assistant Director of Development - Fundraising
- Job ID
- Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Other Location
The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) is hiring an Assistant Director of Development Fundraising as a Full-Time job in Jacksonville, FL.
The Assistant Director of Development is responsible for the design and execution of programs to raise funds to support the mission of MOCA. The programs this position is responsible for, but not limited to, include supporting the cultivation committee of the MOCA Board of Trustees, developing and managing special giving programs, coordinating and growing corporate sponsorship/donor engagement, coordinating with the Office of Annual Giving to build a phone program/direct mail program/e-philanthropy program, and managing a portfolio of gift prospects. This individual also conducts face-to-face solicitations in support of MOCA priorities.
The Assistant Director of Development will work in coordination with the Director of Development to create and execute a comprehensive giving program. The successful candidate will work collaboratively to increase giving, bring excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation), and possess a keen ability to multi-task within a creative and collaborative work environment, and with key partners at the University.
- Manage a portfolio of gift prospects.
- Work in tandem with the Director of Development to staff the Development Committee and liaise with the MOCA Board of Trustees.
- Work under the supervision of the Director of Development to create and implement a plan which aligns the goals of and successfully engages the Museum Director, Deputy Director, the Museum Board, curatorial team and others as appropriate in fundraising activities including identifying, cultivating, and soliciting gifts and stewarding donors.
- Help develop innovative events and implement recognition opportunities and materials for continuity and donor stewardship.
- Support in the design and implementation of donor travel programs and donor trips.
- Oversee and coordinate corporate and foundation sponsorships and increase sponsorship activity.
- Work in collaboration with and support the Membership Coordinator to develop a plan for engaging museum members to become museum donors.
- Track and report weekly, monthly, and yearly annual giving results.
- Execute a minimum of 12 significant contacts per month. Personally solicit donors and prospects for gifts and pledges in support of MOCA.
- Cultivate, solicit, track, acknowledge and steward a portfolio of annual and major gift donors.
- Assist in the planning and execution of future events for relevant MOCA-specific constituent groups. Maintain relationships with donor constituencies and encourage their participation in pledge fulfillment and solicitation of their peers.
- Work with UDAE (University Development and Alumni Engagement) and Advancement Operations to provide administrative support and maintenance of systems for fundraising, reporting, gift acknowledgment, and donor recognition and stewardship.
- Identify and provide updates to the Communications and Marketing Director for the giving web pages.
- Work independently and creatively to match donor interests with MOCA priorities.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the University’s fundraising priorities, programs, and develop relationships with key faculty, staff and administrators.
- Collaborate across museum departments to develop marketing materials, funding opportunities, and recognition efforts designed to increase giving.
- Work as a team member across departments in support of the overall mission of the MOCA.
If you are interested in learning more about a career with MOCA and The University of North Florida as an Assistant Director of Development - Fundraising Non-profit, apply today!
- Pay Range
- $50,000.00 Annually to $55,000.00 Annually
Option 2: Create a New Profile