Job OpportunitiesWork with us!
Maintenance Technician I
- Job Title
- Maintenance Technician I
- Job ID
- Raleigh, NC 27603
- Other Location
Summary: We are looking for a Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for the professional care and appearance of each of our properties this is essential to achieving our mission to provide access to stable, affordable housing for people who are homeless or at risk by developing and managing rental communities.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform basic repairs on plumbing, electrical, HVAC, or other systems in apartments that are not functioning properly.
- Repairing and unclogging toilets, sinks, bathtubs, showers, and exterior drains.
- Installing and repairing wires, plugs, and switches.
- Disposing of trash found in communal areas.
- Tracking inventory to ensure that you have adequate maintenance supplies.
- Unlocking apartments in instances where tenants have lost their keys.
- Troubleshoot work orders for residents prioritizing the service requests and ensuring they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Update work order tracking software as required.
- Prepare vacant units for new residents ensuring that the unit meets the CASA standards/checklist.
- Maintain the exterior grounds of properties and conduct seasonal duties such as snow removal.
- Conduct walk-through of the entire property to ensure everything is in working order; if not, take the appropriate steps for correction.
- Prepare for inspections.
- Schedule outside contractors for projects, when necessary.
- Be available for quick response on-call duties per company policy.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Installing new appliances and fixtures in apartments, such as dishwashers, refrigerators, or flooring.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager or Property Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, property management software and other software applications as needed.
High school graduate or equivalent and at least 6 months demonstrated related experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Time management skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and a self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Good boundaries and judgement skills
- Knowledge of fair housing laws
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to smell to detect odors. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold (non-weather), extreme heat (non-weather), mold, lead and blood borne pathogens. There is always the potential risk of asbestos exposure when working with certain building materials.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.