Option 1: Create a New Profile
Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Job Title
- Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Houston, TX 77042
- Other Location
QA Automation Engineer
Estimated Start Date: Immediate
Location: Houston, Texas
P97 Networks, Inc. created a secure way to purchase fuel from mobile apps and new car consoles with discounts. So, if you have used apps or your console to purchase fuel or make in store purchases, then you are using our software (either directly or indirectly). We created native iPhone apps and native Android Phone apps with mobile payments and digital marketing. The software that powers these next generation applications runs on a highly scalable cloud-based infrastructure. Our Proprietary Web Portal allows marketers to instantly provide advertisements to millions of customers, examples are 30 cents off per gallon. To see the love of our customers, review our retail fueling awards.
To be considered for a QA Automation Engineer, we are looking for someone with a future-focused mindset, who provides technical leadership and strategic directions as well as transforms testing into a continuous and efficient end-to-end quality engineering function with quality processes, tools and methodologies to significantly improve control, accuracy and integrity. Please note, to be considered for this role, YOU MUST have current experience working with Selenium web driver.
- Evolve more predictive and intelligent testing approaches based on automation and innovative testing products and solutions.
- Utilize P97 delivery assets to plan and implement testing and quality assurance initiatives to ensure solution quality before deployment.
- Provide specialized expertise in test automation using commercially available functional test tools.
- Apply P97’s recommended test automation framework and best practices.
This is a fast-paced environment, where you can learn new skills from your peers and mentor. If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a reputed, ground-breaking company that is growing exponentially, then fill out our online QA Automation Engineer application.
- MUST HAVE SELENIUM WEB DRIVER EXPERIENCE
- Advise on industry standards and practices in testing and QA across the end-to-end lifecycle of software delivery and execution.
- Familiar with the principals and practices of Test Automation, Test Architecture, Agile Development, and Dev Ops construct. (Familiarity with AI and Machine Learning is a plus)
- Ability and experience as a QA team technology leader and be comfortable in a very visible role within the software test engineering space at P97.
- Create (define, develop, and build) the test, QA strategies, and test approaches for P97 as well as evaluate testing and QA products and develop proofs-of-concepts for new and innovative solutions and QA assets.
- Work with technical architects, product designers, product delivery team members, project managers, business analysts, and product owners to ensure consistency in estimating and understanding requirements and assist in development of acceptance criteria as part of the Agile user story.
- Participate in functional and/or technical application design reviews.
- Execute testing of user stories and features of a highly complex solution to identify potential issues and fixes before releases.
- Responsible for testing functionality, performance, reliability, stability, and compatibility with other legacy and/or external systems.
- Recommend solutions to systems problems for both business and IT management.
- Design and participate in the prototyping of technical solutions to meet business needs
- Document best practices and process improvements.
- Assist with the analysis, design, and execution of quality assurance audits, procedures, and processes in support of the corporate and client area
- Review and coordinate release management activities in test and production environments.
- Assist with the traceability of business functions to delivered code/final product
- Assist with creating, implementing, and working towards the continuous improvement goals of the overall QA Strategy plan.
- Review and confirm the viability, functionality, and effectiveness of automated (quality assurance) tools to be used in system development, quality assurance, testing, and configuration management.
- Identify and resolve issues as they arise relating to QA/QE processes/responsibilities.
Key Success Factors
- Actively assist with the development, maintenance, and enhancement of QA standards and procedures within the QA department.
- Successfully conduct the analysis of current software process practices, methodologies, and system development lifecycles.
- Full participation in daily standups, grooming, sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives.
- Successfully partner with mobile and web engineers to communicate and resolve quality issues and identify usability concerns.
- Ensure compliance with the quality assurance procedures and policies for software development and deployment.
- Deploy QA/QE methods across functional and non-functional landscapes.
- Provide recommendations for coverage, use of tools, degree of automation, and release rollouts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of browsers and user interface testing techniques
- Passion for testing and the ability to work independently on diverse problems.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment that is based on-shore and off-shore.
- Driven to meet aggressive milestones.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related technical discipline (preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software QA testing - MUST HAVE CURRENT EXPERIENCE WITH SELENIUM WEB DRIVER
- Minimum of 1 year of experience testing mobile apps, mobile payment solutions, IoT Platform, and/or Cloud based solutions
- Prior experience working with Microsoft technologies/tools/platform – (experience with Microsoft Azure is a plus)
- Experience using device simulators in XCode and/or Android SDK
- Adhere to the security, confidentiality, and privacy standards of P97
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working on the development of automated test suites leveraging one of more of the following tools:
- Selenium (preferred), QTP, Silk, Perfecto Mobile, Seetest, pCloudy, Headspin,
- Minimum of 2 years’ demonstrated experience in one of the following:
- Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Protractor JS (preferred), SoapUI, Postman, RestAssured, Karate
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with one or more of the following Test Frameworks:
- Jasmine (preferred), jUnit, TestNG, Mocha, Jest, XCUITest, EarlGrey
- Minimum of 1 year demonstrated experience in one of the following:
- .Net, Java/J2EE, Groovy, Python, Ruby, C++, TypeScript (required)
- Experience with test management tools (JIRA, ALM, Pivotal Tracker, or Lighthouse etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with continuous integration, including one or more of the following build/deploy/version control tools:
- Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
- Git, Mercurial, Subversion, Bitbucket, GitHub
- Grunt, Gradle, Gulp, Maven, MS TFS
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, PTO package, sponsored sports opportunities, a fun working environment, complementary catered lunches twice a week with a stocked kitchen the rest of the time, education and certification reimbursement, access to an on-site fitness facility, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
This is a full-time position in Houston, Texas with the expectation that this role will work from a P97 office 5-days a week. No remote work option is available for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.