Option 1: Create a New Profile
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Job Title
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Houston, TX 77042
- Other Location
Job Description: Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Backend)
As a Software QA Engineer, you will write test plans for new features, review and update our regression tests scenarios for the backend application. This is a fast-paced environment, where you can learn new skills from your peers and mentor. If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a reputed, ground-breaking company that is growing exponentially, then a Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Backend) may be just what you are looking for.
- Works with business analysts, product delivery managers and software developers to fully understand product vision, scope, priorities, requirements, and design.
- Effectively write and execute test plans, test scripts, defects, scrub reports, and test reports on assigned projects and tasks.
- Perform manual testing and solution validation as required by the assigned project or task.
- Identify bugs, prioritize and track issues, and report test results to project / product managers.
- Identify problems in production environment and elevate issues as necessary.
- Monitor releases as well as playing an active role in researching post-release issues.
- Effectively apply critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to efficiently identify the cause and effect of application issues.
- Participate in production releases at 1 AM frequently
- Create and execute regression, functional, end-to-end, UAT, performance, load test, and integration test plans
- Manage the flow of defects created in the bug tracking system
- Provide production support of software products by investigating and recreating reported defects
- Define, analyze, and report metrics that inform the relative quality of the core products
- Advocate for constant use of best practices within the product design, development, and QA teams
- Recommend solutions to systems problems for both business and IT management.
- Design and participate in the prototyping of technical solutions to meet business needs
- Document best practices and process improvements.
- Assist with the analysis, design, and execution of quality assurance audits, procedures, and processes in support of the corporate and client area
- Review and coordinate release management activities in test and production environments.
- Ensure that the performance stress test criteria are achieved
- Assist with the traceability of business functions to delivered code/final product
- Assist with creating, implementing, and working towards the continuous improvement goals of the overall QA Strategy plan.
- Review and confirm the viability, functionality, and effectiveness of automated (quality assurance) tools to be used in system development, quality assurance, testing, and configuration management.
- Identify and resolve issues as they arise relating to QA/QE processes/responsibilities.
- Assist in development of acceptance criteria as part of the Agile user story.
- Participate in functional and/or technical application design reviews.
- Execute testing of user stories and features of a highly complex solution to identify potential issues and fixes before releases.
- Responsible for testing functionality, performance, reliability, stability, and compatibility with other legacy- and/or external systems.
- Coordinate system integration, load, and regression testing.
- Write detailed bug reports and fixes.
- Assess quality and associated risk.
- Confirm test results and obtain acceptance from the Engineering Department.
Key Success Factors
- Actively assist with the development, maintenance, and enhancement of QA standards and procedures within the QA department.
- Successfully conduct the analysis of current software process practices, methodologies, and system development lifecycles.
- Full participation in daily standups, grooming, sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives.
- Successfully partner with mobile and web engineers to communicate and resolve quality issues and identify usability concerns.
- Ensure compliance with the quality assurance procedures and policies for software development and deployment.
- Deploy QA/QE methods across functional and non-functional landscapes.
- Provide recommendations for coverage, use of tools, degree of automation, and release rollouts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of browsers and user interface testing techniques
- Passion for testing and the ability to work independently on diverse problems.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment that is based on-shore and off-shore.
- Driven to meet aggressive milestones.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related technical discipline (preferred)
- 2 years of professional experience as a QA tester/analyst supporting web based and client/server applications in a software development environment
- 2 years prior experience documenting and writing concise and comprehensive test plans, user story tasks, test cases, and defects
- Experience in an Agile testing and development environment
- Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Strong debugging and skills with eye for detail.
- Knowledge of scrum/agile software development methodology a plus.
- Flexible to work overtime when needed for mission critical customer projects and/or field issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and "can do" attitude.
- Strong web and mobile experience in both iOS and Android platforms and OS experience in PC, Mac OS X, and/or Linux environments
- Experience using Pivotal Tracker, JIRA, or Lighthouse - (JIRA is a plus!)
- Prior experience working on solutions for mobile applications and/or mobile payment applications
- Prior experience working with Microsoft technologies/tools/platform – (experience with Microsoft Azure is a plus)
- Experience using device simulators in XCode and/or Android SDK
- Adhere to the security, confidentiality, and privacy standards of P97
P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you’re looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US. We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smart phone, or voice enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omni-channel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety is our mission—and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win—will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company and this opportunity equally compelling.
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is in not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, PTO package, sponsored sports opportunities, a fun working environment, complementary catered lunches twice a week with a stocked kitchen the rest of the time, education and certification reimbursement, access to an on-site fitness facility, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.