- Job Title
- Funding Administrator
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
First Steps Kent is an independent, public-private partnership that leads community efforts to strengthen and coordinate early childhood services in Kent County, Michigan. By providing knowledge, skills, and opportunities to families, we invest in the community’s youngest children to ensure a more prosperous future for all—and you can help!
In November 2018, Kent County passed a .25 mil increase. This will generate more than $5 million annually for the next 6 years to provide dedicated funding for community based early childhood programs that are proven to work, ensuring that children and their families have access to vital services and supports. First Steps Kent is the organization administering these funds based on recommendations from the Resident Proposal Review Board.
We are in search of a Funding Administrator with an innate attention to detail who can be a resource to the staff of millage-funded programs and ensure compliance with Ready by Five Early Childhood millage requirements through analysis, strong communication, and relationship building. We’re excited to add to our team!
What your day will look like:
- Serving as the primary liaison for Ready by Five Early Childhood millage-funded programs, building strong relationships to guide and correct them to better understand their funding.
- Preparing and conducting external monitoring visits including compliance with policies, conducting quality assessment, financial targets are met, and ensuring reporting requirement are followed by funded programs.
- Being an informative resource for the Resident Proposal Review Board, providing insight for the funding allocation process.
- Partnering alongside the FSK finance team to prepare requirements for Ready by Five Early Childhood millage-funded programs and financial targets.
- Collaborating with the team to identify learning needs of funded programs, developing strategies and tools to better serve those needs and encouraging quality improvement.
- Conducting research and consulting with advisors to stay up to date on requirements and best practices within early childhood programming.
- Establishing and maintaining accurate record-keeping for all funded programs, preparing and reviewing reports on Ready by Five millage for stakeholders.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Administration or a relevant field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant funding administration experience.
- Strong familiarity with early childhood programming.
- A strong ethical principle, emphasizing integrity and confidentiality in all work.
- Self-motivated individual who also values teamwork and collaboration.
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for improving the lives of young children.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, with a generous PTO package
- Positive work/life balance
- An opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth and development of children and families across Kent County
To learn more about the work First Steps Kent is doing and the Ready by Five millage, check us out online at https://www.firststepskent.org/earlychildhoodproposal
First Steps Kent is an Equal Opportunity Employer