Sr. Human Resources and Operations Manager
- Job Title
- Sr. Human Resources and Operations Manager
- Job ID
- SAN ANTONIO, TX 78238-2428
- Other Location
The National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders (NALCAB) represents and serves 100+ nonprofit organizations across the nation, which includes real estate developers, business lenders, economic development corporations, credit unions and consumer counseling agencies. NALCAB implements responsible, market-based strategies for strengthening underserved communities, rebuilding the ladder of economic mobility for low- and moderate-income Americans and supporting the economic integration of immigrants through equitable neighborhood development, investing in small business and building family financial wellness. In close alignment with its core programmatic activities, NALCAB operates a fellowship to invest in next-generation leadership within its Network and implements a training institute focused on culturally and linguistically relevant asset building services.
Sr. Human Resources and Operations Manager
Under general direction from the Chief Financial Officer, you will manage internal human resource related duties and to assess, manage and enhance NALCAB’s positive organizational culture. You will also oversee facilities management of NALCAB’s offices in San Antonio and Washington, DC.
Manage NALCAB Human Resources tasks, including the following:
- Guide our hiring and recruiting strategy, selection activities and partnerships.
- Maintain performance management techniques and processes, including training on feedback, management training, conflict resolution and other initiatives to support growth and development.
- Work with Chief Program Officer to assess and manage staff development and growth – staff evaluations, Individual Development Plans (IDPs), annual climate survey, employee recognition program, etc.
- Identify staff training needs and design and facilitate HR-related trainings both in-office and in virtual settings.
- Assess strategy and implementation of our benefits plan, with an emphasis on attracting and retaining top talent nationally.
- Partner with CFO and Chief Program Officer to design company wage and salary structure, pay policies, compensatory changes, etc.
- Serve as the Sr. Team liaison between senior leadership and the internal Employee Advisory Group (EAG).
Assess, manage and enhance NALCAB’s positive organizational culture, including the following:
- Identify and use metrics and analyses for Operations and Organizational Culture programs to align with organizational goals.
- Assess climate survey and develop policies, processes and initiatives to improve areas of growth identified through survey results
- Support staff in improving communication through coaching, training and staff development.
- Assess, analyze and improve staff acquisition, retention and incentive programs.
- Perform annual review and make recommendation to Executive Team regarding improvement of organization’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Manage general operations such as vendors, monitoring use of equipment (telephone, printers, others), the need for office materials and its variance, and the office environment.
- Maintain vendor pool to provide services required of the facilities. This can include maintenance, renovations, landscaping, rehabilitation, fire drills, exit routes, etc.
- Engage, contract and deploy third party consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree; 5+ years’ related experience.
- Knowledge of current and pending US employment legislation.
- Non-profit sector experience preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- Experienced in community economic development and asset building preferred.
- Experience in developing and evaluating surveys.
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Approximately 5% United States travel.
- $55,250 - $65,000 commensurate on education and qualifications.
Benefits (not limited to):
- Health insurance.
- 401k - with employer match.
- Vacation, sick and volunteer time.
- Tuition reimbursement.
NALCAB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.