- Job Title
- Credit Analyst
- Job ID
- CHICAGO, IL 60603
- Other Location
National Community Investment Fund (NCIF; www.ncif.org) is an impact investor and national nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) formed in 1996 with a mission to increase access to responsible financial products and services in underserved communities. Total assets under management at NCIF are around $200 million, including $180 million of New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC) allocations outstanding. To support our growth initiatives, we have launched a $35 million Credit Strategies Fund with new debt capital of $15 million. NCIF is the largest investor in CDFI & MDI banks with investments in 19 institutions nationwide. NCIF achieves its mission via 3 complementary business lines:
- Equity Investing in Mission Oriented Financial Institutions: We support depository institutions with equity, debt and deposit investments with more than $40 million invested in and lent to 50+ financial institutions since inception.
- New Markets Tax Credits: We have received $326 million in NMTC allocations and are deploying it into real estate, operating companies, health care facilities, schools, other nonprofit and for-profit impact-oriented businesses.
- Lending: With the launch of the Credit Strategies Fund, we will make/purchase loans in partnership with CDFI Banks and other mission-oriented partners to finance socially impactful commercial real estate projects that benefit underserved communities.
Impact measurement is the core foundation of NCIF’s Theory of Change and supports all of our business lines. We inform investors and other stakeholders place equity, debt, deposits and grants to meet their programmatic and geographic focus areas. NCIF pioneered the use of Social Performance Metrics (see www.bankimpact.org and www.BankImpactmaps.org) and is developing a cloud based core data platform to support data analytics.
As the Analyst/Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the Lending and NMTC teams, which will include, but not be limited to:
- Support underwriting of NMTC and loan opportunities.
- Assist in data gathering and due diligence including economic/industry assessments.
- Spread financial statements and create operating projections to perform financial statement analysis, cash flow analysis, repayment analysis, risk and mitigant assessment.
- Analyze borrowers’ budgets and projections to assess and stress test debt service capacity.
- Assist lenders with credit write-ups and presentation at loan committee.
- Assist in assessment of collateral.
- Input data into loan management system, as needed.
- Monitor projects during construction, including review of third-party construction reports, construction draws and budgets.
- Ensure that all transactions comply with the terms of legal agreements and cash flows are consistent with financial projections.
- Support control/loan servicing departments with post close monitoring/reporting.
- Ensure compliance of all covenants and conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- 2 - 5 years of experience with credit underwriting/financial analysis.
- Experience in banking, CDFI and nonprofit organizations would be a plus.
- Passion for community development and for improving the lives of individuals in underserved communities.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong expertise in MS Excel.
- Ability and willingness to work in an entrepreneurial organization positioned to grow.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
To respond to this opportunity, please include your resume and cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.