Senior Manager, Programs
- Job Title
- Senior Manager, Programs
- Job ID
- SAN ANTONIO, TX 78238-2428
- Other Location
The National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders (NALCAB) is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) that represents and serves 100+ nonprofit organizations across the nation, which includes real estate developers, business lenders, economic development corporations, credit unions, and consumer counseling agencies.
NALCAB implements responsible, market-based strategies for strengthening underserved communities, rebuilding the ladder of economic mobility for low- and moderate-income Americans and supporting the economic integration of immigrants through equitable neighborhood development, investing in small business and building family financial wellness. In close alignment with its core programmatic activities, NALCAB operates a fellowship to invest in next-generation leadership within its Network and implements a training institute focused on culturally and linguistically relevant asset building services.
Our mission: NALCAB strengthens the economy by advancing economic mobility in Latino communities.
Senior Manager, Programs
Under general direction from the Director of Programs, this position is responsible for performing professional level work to manage urban and rural programs created to build assets in communities across the country, with a focus on programs that support small business development and lending activities. The Senior Manager will also provide technical assistance to help build the capacity of local organizations engaged in providing services to predominantly Latino and Immigrant communities of color. In addition, you may exercise direct supervision over assigned staff.
- Lead, implement and build on a Small Business Development strategy for responding to underserved and capital neglected communities, including small business development services, access to capital and integrating other asset building programs/activities.
- Support NALCAB’s lending activities by reviewing and analyzing loan documents, researching and writing lending policies and procedures, tracking and managing loan portfolios, and other NALCAB lending activities.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and supervise the efficient delivery of asset building programs that include grant-making, technical assistance and training for non-profit organizations in rural and urban markets to support, strengthen and expand their asset building programs.
- Assist member organizations by helping to strengthen and grow their programs, apply for funding, develop peer-to-peer networks, and identify best practices.
- Coordinate and facilitate collaborative efforts among multiple nonprofit organizations across multiple markets.
- Communicate NALCAB economic development objectives to various stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, clients, members, vendors, contract service providers and the general public.
- Work with NALCAB clients and grant sub-recipients to implement housing and economic development programs.
- Document outcomes and compliance with contractual obligations.
- Develop and manage project work-plans and budgets, including consultants, timelines and reporting.
- Supervise staff and support their professional development and growth.
- Draft reports to donors and funders.
- Support the Senior Management team to manage relationships with funders and investors.
- Engage, contract and deploy third party consultants in accordance with NALCAB policies.
- Positively support and contribute to NALCAB’s office culture.
- Approximately 25% travel. All travel is within the United States.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4 year college or university; 5 or more years’ related experience.
- Affordable housing development experience.
- Small business development experience.
- Economic development experience.
- Preferred education and experience:
- Graduate degree in Business, Finance, Urban Planning, Sociology, Public Administration, or similar discipline
- Non-profit sector experience.
- Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced in community economic development and asset building.
- Understanding of and experience with community development strategies, including small business development and lending real estate development, financing and economic development.
- Knowledge of techniques for providing technical assistance and training to small business and affordable housing nonprofits.
- Familiarity in program evaluation and planning.
- Proven cultural competency and ability to work in culturally and ethnically diverse environments.
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Understand and interpret economic and housing data.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Conduct presentations to community stakeholders and government agencies.
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs, including MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work independently within a fast-paced environment.
- Perform all the intellectual and analytical requirements of the position, including decision-making.
- $56,700 - $69,300 based on experience and credentials.
Benefits (not limited to):
- Health insurance.
- 401k - with employer match.
- Vacation, sick and volunteer time.
- Tuition reimbursement.
NALCAB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.