- Job Title
- Executive Assistant
- Job ID
- SAN ANTONIO, TX 78216-2812
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals - each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas (GSSWT) is powered by more than 5,500 adult volunteers, and serves 14,500 girls in its 21-county area, including Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Kinney, Maverick, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson and Zavala.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world’s preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of 2.8 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, Girl Scouting helps girls in grades K–12 practice leadership with grit like a go-getter, problem solve like an innovator, embrace new like a risk-taker and show empathy like a leader. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
We are currently looking for energetic individuals who are ready help shape tomorrow’s leaders.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO coordinates activities and ensures the timely flow of information to and from the executive office and works closely with the CEO to ensure that all matters pertaining to the office of the CEO, board of directors, board development committee and board task groups and committees are addressed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides comprehensive administrative support to the CEO.
- Screens and prioritizes communications and opportunities for the CEO from external and internal sources.
- Manages the daily schedule of the CEO.
- Manages CEO travel arrangements and proactively coordinates the pre-planning of trips with various internal functions, including arranging appropriate travel, agendas and necessary contacts, GSUSA materials, and other necessary preparations.
- Coordinates preparation for board meetings, including tracking, monitoring and following the progress of open action items, drafting the agenda, setting the timetable and owners for board material preparation, producing a final draft of the Board Book, producing accurate board minutes at each meeting, and managing meeting logistics.
- Acts as liaison to the Board Chair while managing effective contacts and relationships with board members and acts as a first point of contact for board member queries.
- Maintains the council’s central files based on GSUSA’s charter requirements, meeting both IRS and audit requirements.
- Maintains volunteer system database by entering case management information accurately and timely.
- Performs additional duties as assigned in support of the council’s mission and goals.
- Bachelor's degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient with computer and Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Outlook, and Word).
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, GSSWT offers:
- Competitive pay.
- Continuous training.
- Medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- High energy, professional work environment.
GSSWT works to maintain the best possible environment for its employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. It strives to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.